Friday, February 12, 2021

Visit to Evanston, Apr. 2020

The kids and I (and Brynne) went to visit Kami for a couple days.  It was the most fun trip!!!  I loved it.
It was the first time we'd seen her new house, which is incredible.  I just loooove it.  I think Kami is so amazing that she had her vision and made it all happen- bringing together the colors, the arched doorways, the tile, the art, the rug, etc. etc.  When we walked through it when it was gutted down to studs, she was telling us (Brett and I) how it would look, and I just couldn't picture it.  But man, she did amazing.  There were many issues with getting it done, but the end result is stunning.






I helped because I brought her this instrument back from Morocco and the little pouf.





Their workout/playroom is pretty sweet.







One day we went to the Piedmont ghost town.  It was soooo soooo fun!  First stop- the charcoal kilns. 









Then some of the houses and barns.




























Yummy food from Kami.


She makes this incredible homemade yogurt, and I found that by adding raspberry and chocolate torani flavoring, it tasted just like the Swiss raspberry truffle yogurt that I LOVED.

 
Did some egg dying.


And some costume wearing.




The next day we went to the train depot/ railyard.  It was so awesome.







We may or may not have gotten lectured about being up on top of the trains by a random guy (but if he had gone up there he would have realized just how WIDE it is-- I was totally not worried about kids falling off.  You actually would have had to TRY HARD to fall off).  








Then we went and saw some buffalo and walked along the river for a while.




Then Kami had to go to work and we went home.  But a problem arose when I felt the tire get squashy and then more squashy so I pulled over and it was very flat.  The problem is that in Wyoming my phone is completely worthless unless I am somewhere with wifi because of how the coverage works and it only works for verizon, which I don't have.  So we would have been stranded, and it would have been a LOOOONG walk to town or anywhere.  The tender tender mercy was that the tire got flat IMMEDIATELY after I heard all these pings on my phone for texts coming through.  So literally right after I drove into the place where I got service, I got the flat (well, it probably was getting flat before, but that's where I became aware of it).  So I pulled off and called Brett, and then he called Leo and Leo was the HERO and drove out and got our tire off and took it back to Evanston and got it fixed and then brought it back and put it on again.  Thank you Leo!!!!
Talmage was extremely helpful in helping me get out the jack and stuff, but it was broken a bit, so neither of us could get any nuts off, nor were we strong enough to loosen the spare from where it is stored.  Anyway, one funny thing was that Talmage said, "I think there's a problem, because I think that the spare is 26 inches, and the regular ones are 27."  I was like, "How the heck would you know that???"  And he said something like, "I like to keep track of these kinds of things."  hahahhaaaa.
  




1 comment:

kami said...

That was so fun!!! You should come again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails