Saturday, February 20, 2021

Middle Fork Waterfall hike, June 2020

 This was a beauuuutiful day for a beauuutiful hike!  It was just me and the kids.  It's called Middle Fork Waterfall in Richmond, and I believe the gate had just opened up so you could get all the way up to the trailhead and not just the campground a few miles further down.  The road is incredibly terrible and rocky but we made it.






This picture below is kind of how I picture "ideal childhood."  :)




Everyone resting and peeling their hard-boiled eggs on the wonky bridge.



Got to the Falls!


We climbed up beside it until we found the place it spouted from the side of the hill.  Then we crossed over and came back on the other side.



See?  All that water just gushing out from the ground.











Then Talmage saw this little white bubbly pool and said, "You should take my picture as if I'm just chillin in a jacuzzi."  And I said, "YES!  Do it!!!"  And then all the kids took turns getting in the FREEEEZING ice-cold jacuzzi.





Their faces kill me!  hahaha






Navy wanted in on the fun, but then after we dipped her in the first time, she cried.  hahaa.  But then she wanted to do it some more after a few other kids got in and out again, and that time she came out laughing.















Hazel is a pro.  She's been dipping into ice-cold freezing water since she was a young child in Switzerland.







Ethne was the last one--we all worked VERY hard to pressure her, and she FINALLLLY did it!!  Woohoo!! 





I love how when she got out and was screaming in pain Orrin just laughed his head off at her distress.  hahaa!!!









I love this picture of Hazel and Navy on the bridge. :)






We had driven the truck and brought the boys bikes, so Talmage, Orrin, and Wyatt took off for the few miles down to the bigger road.


I went to the bathroom and when I came out, Navy was up on the rock all by herself, right by the edge.  Good thing she's a good climber.

What a great day!

1 comment:

kami said...

These creek pictures are hilarious! And we really don't live close enough because I need to go on more hikes with you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails