Monday, February 15, 2021

Goblin Valley Apr. 2020 Day 1

 So we had wanted to go with Megan and Jared on their traditional Goblin Valley trip for YEEEEARS.  But we had always lived too far away.  Jethro actually got a plane ticket for Christmas one year, so he went, which I think is one of his favorite presents ever.  So we were excited to go, and then Covid hit, and everything was in question as to what was allowed and I think the state parks actually closed, so we changed dates a couple times, and then Megan found out that the BLM land was still okay to camp on, so we decided to go  (but Megan said not to post pictures of her family along with mine on instagram in case someone got mad).


Apparently we took the truck to Goblin Valley, which I literally don't even remember, but to pull the whole trailer and all the dirt bikes too I guess was questionable with the van.  Talmage just told me that he drove with the Barneys in their truck and got his hand zip-tied to the handle by his cousins.  haha.


First morning exploring.


I thought the landscape was so cool!











Hazel's signature move.



The great thing about this place is that you could just go anywhere and climb and explore.











Navy became a devoted fan of Myles (who was home from his mission from Taiwan after being sent home due to Covid concerns.  He later was able to go back to Taiwan, and presently he will be home for good in a week).



First and only injury was Devaney's crash.





Everyone ready for the ride of the day.


Off we go!




This was an easier ride, so the little boys were fine on their bikes.



I was in the Pioneer with Megan, Hazel, Kiersten, Chad, and Navy.  I think Orrin and Wyatt traded off being in the Pioneer of riding the dirt bike.











More climbing and exploring.















Above is Chad, Anders, and Myles, I believe.  Below is me, because I had to get some shots with such a good place for silhouettes.













Kiersten, Ethne, Navy, and I went for a long ramble after we got back to camp.





Kiersten said, "It would be cool to get up to the white rock section (that top strata)."  So I said, "We're doing it."



So we climbed up and up.


And we touched the white rock.



What a view!!











And Megan cooked us amazing Dutch Oven food every day and it was amazing and delicious.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails