Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sugar Bush Festival


We went to Chicago this weekend. Brett and I went to the temple while Kami watched my squalling children (well, just Talmage squalled). That was nice. We were going to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade and look for Harrison Ford, but Uncle Leo (or Nucko Eeo, as Ethne calls him) didn't get home from the airport when he was supposed to (in fact, didn't get home until late late that night--he was supposed to get back at 9 am), so we decided not to brave downtown. Instead, we went to a Sugar Bush Festival and learned about Maple Syrup. Good times.

Jethro tasting sap straight-up from the tree. I tasted it too. It doesn't have much of a taste. Just waterish.
There's Hazel pounding in a tap thingee (forgot what they were called).
And Daddy helping her drill the hole. It was funny because there were two nice ladies there explaining how all of this is done, but Brett kept politely explaining to them how to use their drills. What a man. :)
I don't think I look very good in this picture, but Brett looks hot.
The babes.



The end.

p.s. thanks for the good time Kami. It was much too short. Your turn to come visit.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Your family clan sure does have a lot of fun together. That is SO cool!

Christal said...

You have the cutest family and you are a great mom! Love the I talked to my brother post I totally see the resemblence! Great movie loved it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails