Friday, March 27, 2009

JOYOUS news!

MY CAMERA IS FIXED!!!!! MY HUSBAND IS THE GREATEST MAN ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET BECAUSE HE CAN FIX EVERYTHING!!!! Not kidding.

I don't know if you grasp the immensity of my happiness, because I never got a chance to post about how broken-hearted and completely devastated I was over the loss of my camera. But you might imagine.

It was completely my fault too--I was taking pictures of the kids on the pedestrian bridge on the tripod. Only I forgot the attachment to the camera that hooks onto the tripod, so it was just balancing up there. And then, it fell, down...down...down...to the concrete below.

I took it to the camera store yesterday and asked about getting it fixed and the guy looked at it and said they'd have to send it out and it would probably cost between 75-150 dollars. That's a no. Maybe you think I'd be excited to upgrade, and maybe I would be...someday. But that day is not today. I like MY camera, I just wanted it back. We don't have the money to fork out for a new one right now. And to be truthful, I did not think Brett could fix it. I started composing poems to post on the bloggie about how sad I was without my camera.
(This is not an actual picture of my camera because...I did not have a camera to take a picture of my camera.)

Well, tonight Brett took it apart, jiggled a few things around, got electrocuted when he accidentally touched the capacitor, found the problem and repaired it, put it back together with only one extra piece left out, and
VOILA!@@!!#%#!!~!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!


Brett said to me, "I better get a big
, fat blog post for this." Oh indeed. Indeed. (Which is funny since he never even reads my blog, but oh well.)

So now, instead of my Sad Without a Camera poem, I give you my Happy with a Handy Husband poem. (Careful, it's not G-rated.)

My husband is the best,
He fixes EVERYTHING, that is no jest.

Be it toy or truck or john [meaning toilet],
He simply says, "Bring it on."

Handy is his middle name,
Well, actually it's J, cause Handy would be lame.

I don't know how I got so lucky
To live with him and not in Kentucky.

Forgive me if this poem is dim,
I'm off to jump in bed with him!



p.s. I need some good ideas for his 30th birthday which is coming up next month. Anyone?!!

14 comments:

Dustin Family said...

You are so cool Kaylee!! That was the best poem ever! Congrats on your camera! :)

Kristi said...

hmm thirty of something. thirty of your fabulous poems? no. thirty chocolate bars, or candy kisses- all with something you love about him on each one? oh, that would be fun. when I turned 30 Cory got a big thing of flowers and had the kids help him think of 30 things they love about me. it was cute. oh, I got your stuff love them. all of them. the picture- love. thank you, thank you. tribute to you and your craftyness on my blog tomorrow.

Gigi said...

Yay! I'm SO happy that Brett was able to fix your camera Kayli! You looked devastated about it when you were telling me what happened.

I'd say there will be more jumping in bed with your handy husband before you're all paid up for this one!

Lynn said...

LOL! Cute poem!

Great guy you got there!

I gave Dean a surprise party when he turned 30. He warned me not too....but I ignored him. I am glad I did. HE loved it and had a great time!

Just something casual at the church gym with all of our friends. Pot luck party good in lie of gifts and a friendly game or two or basketball or volleyball.

I also had a friend who owns a YARD CARD service, drop off some funny yard cards on the lawn of the place of Dean's work...so EVERYONE at work knew it was his birthday too. I later delivered a cake. Everybody loves cake....except Dean. LOL!

Joanne said...

that poem rocked. I like Kristi's idea for the birthday's. I surprised jason with a birthday party out at the lake. fun times. I'm glad your camera is back you take amazing pics!

Christal said...

love it you are so funny! And your husband is so handy! AMazing love the poem!!

Andrea said...

Kate--loved the poem. Reminded of when you were in high school and would email me funny poems all the time.

Sorry, but my fav poem is still the one Kami wrote to me:

You are tall
You should play basketball
You go to the Y
You should find a nice guy.
You are red
You should marry Ned.

Or something like that. Loved that one.

QUIT WRITING POEMS AND WRITE ABOUT TROLL BABIES YOU LAZY GOOD-FOR-NOTHING!!!

Tracy said...

Yay for:
-a fixed camera
-a husband that can fix anything
-silly poem with a dirty ending (heehee)

Thanks for sharing such good news and giving me something to laugh at.

Becky said...

don't tell nick - but i'm having a surprise movie night - where we project movies against the back of the house and sit on adirondacks under the oak tree and eat popcorn and confections...30's big...so, i still need a little something extra special to shake it up...still thinking. what are you leaning towards? bb

Becky said...

troll babies...what could you two be referring to...and when do i get a copy...starting to get curious. also, is this the dark one or funny witch one?

Andrea said...

KAYLI--TROLL BABIES!!!!!!!!!! You're killing me, you really are.

Sarah Harward said...

I'm happy the camera is fixed too! I was starting to worry that maybe we wouldn't be able to bribe you into taking our family pics if you didn't have a camera!!

Megan said...

That was awesome!!!!!

Hanah said...

Hallelujah! I know how that is not to have your right arm (camera) haha :D SO I am soo happy for you that your hubby was able to fix it! What a talent! Loved your poem too, hee hee. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails