Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hazel

A little bit about Hazel. She is a sweetheart. Really. Two examples-- the other day at a Joy School party they had a sack race. Well, one of her little friends fell down or tripped or something before he got to the finish line and was crying. So they lined up the kids again for the next race, and Hazel kept yelling at everyone to "Let Landon win! Let Landon win!" :)
The other day she came home with stickers from somewhere, and was very excited about them because they were Barbie Fairytopia stickers. Jethro got home from school and came over to look at them and she offered him one. So he took one, and then he said he really wanted another one. So, she gave it to him and he went off to his room. A couple minutes later I heard her crying quietly. I said "What's wrong Hazel?" And she said, "I gave my favorite sticker to Jethro." I said, "Well, you didn't have to give it to him--they're your stickers," (thinking that Jethro would not appreciate them nearly as much as Hazel) but she said, "But if I didn't give it to him he would be sad foyevah." Awww.
She really just likes for people to be happy. She's good at sharing and helping and loving.
She loves pink and princesses and girly things and coloring.
She's a very good sister. She's the best helper with Talmage and does her best with Ethne.

Here are some of her drawings of late. She started coloring princesses with crowns.
And now her crowns are on all her little people.
It's kindof her trademark now. It's so funny- kindof like a little Dr. Seuss-looking character.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Those are really sweet stories about Hazel and I like her drawings. Very cute!

Andrea said...

What a sweetheart.

Lynn said...

Awww.....you are raising up a BEAUTIFUL child!

Kristi said...

I love her drawings! Maggie is just getting into drawing pictures of people. I love it! and she is a gorgeous girl. Hazel, I mean. well, maggie is too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails