Monday, March 23, 2009

Ridiculously long post

1. They took the stop sign out of the intersection before my house and put it in the other direction. I thought that was cool when I noticed that I no longer have to stop.

2. I was asked to say a little blurb in Relief Society yesterday, and spent some time talking in leading up to my point, and then never actually said my point. Oops. I hope it was at least somewhat implied.

3. It was a beautiful day on Saturday. Brett worked on his motorcycle and then we all worked in the garden digging and turning over the dirt.

4. Brett can dig and turn up dirt about 4 times faster than I can.

5. But I always knew he was buffer than me.

6. Which reminds me, after volleyball last Tuesday I arm wrestled a friend, and I have NEVER stayed in the exact same position for so long in my life. Seriously we did not move an inch one way or the other in about 6 minutes. It was intense. I called a draw. Afterwards my arm felt like there was a weight hanging on it. It was awesome.

7. And yes, on Sat. Brett took me for a quick ride around the block. Ahh, nothing better than a nice ride behind a good-looking guy on his motorsickle.

8. Jethro has graduated from the beeper at bedtime and hasn't been wet for a long time now. And so Hazel started wearing it and has been staying dry since about the second night. Sweet. So there, all you nay-sayers (Polly).

9. Just kidding, I actually completely believe you about having to grow out of bedwetting, it's just that I think Jethro was getting to that age and needed an extra push, and I think Hazel could have already been dry but she was just too lazy to go to the bathroom when she needed to in the morning (hence only actually being wet the first 2 nights).

10. For his prize, Jethro will get to go to an indoor race-car track. He's pretty excited (as you might imagine).

11.Hazel's prize will be... well, I'll leave that for a surprise.

12. On Saturday I looked up garage sales in the paper (online) (yes, it's garage sale season again!) and out of the few that were listed, one said it had a sewing machine. So I drove out, looked it over, offered a substantially lower price than she was asking and got it!

13. I got home, Brett came home from school and saw it and got after me (but not seriously), called it a piece of junk because it's new and plastic instead of old and metal and immediately tried it out.

14. It only sewed in reverse.

15. So he took it apart, looked around a bit, figured out what was wrong, readjusted something, and put it back together. It sewed forward!

16. Having a mechanical genius for a husband really proves handy sometimes.

17. Favorite quote of the week: "I really dislike DTR's, but sometimes they're necessary." --Blake J Bell Ha ha!

18. (DTR stands for Defining the Relationship)

19. See, there's this girl. She's 25 (same age as me), has reddish hair, and her name is Jenny (which is my mother-in-law's name). There're some serious signs going on.

20. We went to an Eagle Court of Honor last night for a kid we know, and Jethro watched the cermony in fascination. We asked him if he wanted to get an Eagle, and he said yes. Then Brett asked him how come, and he said, "So I can go to war." Ummmm? Seriously, sometmes I really fail to see the connections.

21. The second measure in the second line of the hymn 'For the Strength of the Hills' is impossible to play on an organ. I mean, I can play the top hand. I can play the bottom hand. I can play the foot pedals. But not together. Oh well, Brett said I didn't do too bad, and I even warned him of it beforehand so he was listening for it. I like that song though.

22. Talmage learned how to eat!!! At his last check-up, he was only about 8th percentile for height and weight, while his one before that he was at 60th percentile. So the doctor said she wanted to check him again in a month since that was a pretty big jump down. So I've been trying to get him to eat cereal and baby food but he would NOT do it. It was seriously force-feeding and really not fun. Then all of the sudden, CLICK--he suddenly opened up his mouth, kept the food in, swallowed it, and begged for more! Exciting stuff. I don't think he's going to have a problem gaining weight.

23. I found that it is very embarrassing when you are reading a book to your husband and you get to the mushy kissing parts. Things like "This time it was more and and different than the last. More tender and yet stronger, less timid, like he was staking a claim on my heart," really don't come out quite the way they sound in your head when you're reading, when your husband is laughing at you. Kinda like in the Princess Bride when the little boy wants his grandpa to skip all the kissing parts. :)

24. Yesterday on the way home from church I was singing a little bit from the closing hymn, and after I sang, "The iron rod," Brett broke in "really hurts when you get whacked with it.' Then we both looked at each other, and Brett said, "That could be a Jack Rasmussen song," and I was like, "yup."

25. Brett stopped every pretense of just applying for jobs that seem fairly interesting and places that we'd sortof like to be. Now he's applying to everything that says anything to the effect of 'engineer' and 'medical devices.'

26. I just hope we go elsewhere. Yesterday in Relief Society a sister was asked to tell a little about herself, and she said she came here in 1950 and thought they'd go back West after graduate school, and me and two other ladies sitting by each other all looked at each other and were like, "Please don't let that be me!!!!"

27. I think this is by far the highest number I've ever gotten to. Maybe I should try to go one number higher every time I do a numbered post.

28. It would be cool.

29. I could go on,

30. and on

31. and on... ;)

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Good post. I don't think that I would mind living here for the next 50 years....just as long as we have a job here. But at this point, I'm feeling a little desperate for a job anywhere. Just as long as we're making a little bit more then we are now.

I just looked at my hymnbook so see what I have for "For the Strength of the Hills" In all my time as the organist, I think that I've only played this in church once. But I just have "R, L, R, R, R" written in, meaning right, left, right, right, right foot. This was before I learned about using the correct symbols and using heals and toes. Yikes, that was a LONG time ago.

Also, I drove by your house the other day on my way to Target and noticed that the stop signs were switched. I've always thought that it was dumb the way they had it before. How fun for you know that you don't have to stop there now....after you've lived there for 4 years is it?

Bobette said...

Kayli, You did great yesterday in my lesson. You made some great points and I appreciate you doing it. Thanks so much for letting me use your wedding picture. I was going to draw something into my lesson about how in all three circumstances, blessing, baptism, and the temple we wear white but because of the time never got around to it so I am glad you mentioned a little of that when you talked. Thanks again for helping.

Sarah Harward said...

I was wondering if they took that stop sign out. I said to Amanda a couple weeks ago on our way to your house for joy school that I thought there used to be a stop sign there. Then I thought, maybe it was just one of those places where it seemes like there should be a stop sign, and so I've always been stoping there, only to find out everyone behind me was probably yelling about what an idiot I am. Anyway, I'm glad to find out that there was, indeed, a stop sign there, so no one was calling me an idiot (at least not for that reason...)

Lynn said...

No. 26....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that Talmage is eating solid food now! YAY!

And congrats on the successful dry nights with the older two. Less laundry for sure!

Unknown said...

Thats so funny about the moving west comment... I actually teared up when she said that. I was thinking exactly the same thing :) or maybe :(

Polly said...

My cousin's husband looked for a job for a long time after he graduated for grad school- he really wanted an engineering job- and eventually they got their dream job. (except it is in southern Indiana) It would be great if you ended up in the west (where life is best).

I am glad the alarm thingy worked.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails