Monday, March 9, 2009

Cat in the Hat

So blogger finally let me upload these pictures. Here's what happens when you are given the cheap brand of play-dough--it goes all sticky.
A friend called us up and asked if we wanted to go to Dr. Seuss' birthday party at the library. So glad we did--it was a fun time. Ethne was pretty entranced with the Cat in the Hat.

She kept touching his(/her) face.

Ethne's face is hilarious here.
Hazel spilled her milk and then proceeded to draw a person in it. :)
On Saturday Brett went to work so we hit the Botanical Gardens to walk in the warmth.




And to find the first signs of spring!
Hooray!

The Saturday before that I mudded some holes, taped, and painted a wall in Jethro/Hazel/Ethne's room. Then I went to Lowe's and bought a shelf and Brett put it up. It looks very nice. I will post pictures sometime. Brett thinks that we should paint all of the walls the same color (blue), but I can't do it by myself because of all the big heavy things to move, and who knows when Brett will get to it, so I'm a little bummed that the project won't be finished any time soon. Brett was surprised at my ambition and also thought I was bizarre that I start decorating now when we are hopefully moving soon. Oh well, the better to sell it, right?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ahh - I can't wait for spring. Looks like a good time. Love that you are wearing flip flops. It is snowing here today. Liked the book the Living stone- that is cool. Fun pics. Miss you - have a good day.

Lynn said...

Exactly! That's an excellent reason for decorating even now. : D

Love the pics! That Cat in the Hat looks pretty real to me! I would of touched his face too.

Who took the photo of all of you on the hike if Brett wasn't there? Great shots of Spring! I am SOoooo jealous!!!

Kris said...

I need to find out where the Botanical Gardens are! Ethne looks a lot like Hazel with her hair cut like that - so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails