Friday, February 27, 2009

today's exceeding thoughts



  • So I was sewing again...using my new pattern-following skills, when the sewing machine died on me. SOOO frustrating. So my all-fixing hubby came home and went over it, oiling and cleaning and tuning-up. It worked slick as a whistle. For all of .5 seconds. Then it died again, worse than before. I think we'll have to buy a new part/parts, and I don't know how much that kind of thing runs. Poor old sewing machine. And I'm eXCEEDINGLY frustrated that my project is on hold---it is turning out so cute!--despite that fact that I was making it Ethne's size, with a little room to grow, and it fits Hazel perfectly. Hmm.
  • Today my sister played a cruel trick on me, though it was unintentional. She called and left me a message leading me to believe something that was eXCEEDINGLY exciting--kinda like winning the lottery-- and so then I called Brett and told him, and he told the people in his lab, and none of it was true after all. Which was exceedingly sad.
  • This morning Jethro came out in the front room to dress for school and he had forgotten to grab underwear when he got all the rest of his clothes, and didn't want to go back in to his room for fear of waking the girls, so I grabbed a pair for him from the laundry basket of clean but unfolded clothes (see it's sometimes good to not have them folded and put away right away) and gave it to him and he started putting it on on top of his other underwear. I was like, "Uh, Jethro, you wanna take your other ones off first?" :)
  • Which reminds me the other day he was getting into the bathtub and forgot to take his socks off first. Haa ha.
  • After my sewing was foiled for the day, I went to Jethro/Hazel/Ethne's room and started going through every single toy and every single book and throwing away or Goodwilling everything I could. We have WAY too many books. I mean, I love books, really, but it's getting a little out of control until we can move to a house with a little more room for bookcases.
  • I have grand ideas of actually decorating that room. We moved Ethne in, so that Talmage can finally sleep in the crib, so now that there's the bunk bed and a pack and play and the toys and two book shelves it is exceedingly crowded and 99.9% of the time looks like a pig pen. Hopefully when it's decorated a bit better, it will at least be cuter, if not roomier.
  • I bought a swimming suit. It's cute. I hate swimming suits.
  • I have been EXCEEEEEDINGLY tired lately. One day this week, all my kids were up at 6:30. I was ready to fire myself. I hate mornings. Well, not the whole morning, just the part where I have to wake up. (I sound like such a teenager don't I? Except that teenagers don't have to wake up 2-3 times a night to nurse a baby. At least, most teenagers don't. I guess I did when I was still a teenager, but I was unusual (and married).)
  • Brett's watching a movie right now with Samuel L. Jackson in it. That guy is exceedingly freaky.
  • I'm swapping some crafty stuff for something really cute. More info later. I'm exceedingly excited.
  • I think that's all I've got. Better get to bed. Then again, I won't really get to bed until Brett does, and his movie's not over. But you know.
  • Oh, I remembered something else (I knew I would). Today Brett came home and said, "Let's celebrate!" and I said, "Celebrate what?" and he said, "That I made it through another week of school without running into a bridge embankment." Hooray! He is eXCEEDINGLY sick of school.

10 comments:

beSlightlyAskew said...

You're always good for a laugh. You really crack me up.

Lynn said...

Does your sister know that it's only Feb? Not April? :)

Hope you can get your sewing machine fixed soon. I want to see what you are making!

Brooke said...

Just wanted to let you know that I don't get up 2-3 times a night to nurse a baby and my baby is 6 months younger then yours. Just thought I would brag. (Ashlee is sleeping from 9pm-7am, I know I'm spoiled!!!)

Becky said...

ooohhh - so sorry. i was going to call andrea today to see how you like the "surprise" and then i read this and went..."oh, not so good.". sorry, sorry, sorry. still, no news is good news at this time in the game. keep that in mind. bb

Jessica said...

You are exceedingly funny! I have a sewing machine you can use if you want to... I've been meaning to do a small project but I haven't done it yet. Let me know if you are anxious to get your sewing done.
I know how it is in the morning! I got up today (Saturday of all days) at 6:30. Makiah doesn't sleep through the night either.

Kristi said...

for seminary - when I teach(thank goodness we are team teaching) I get up at 5:30- it starts at 6- and it is waaaaay too early. I like my sleep.
I hope you get your machine fixed! I am loving sewing right now!

Maren said...

Okay, here's why your post is eXCEEDINGLY cool:

-My sewing machine has been breaking lately, too. (But I only have a computer-fixing husband, not an all-fix-it husband.)

-My kids often get into the tub with their socks on, too. I could stop and warn them, but I'm interested to see how often this happens before they start to learn.

-We have way too many books, too. Ironically, there's a big bookcase in the boys' room, but it's chock full of toys.

-I am also very tired lately and hating mornings. But I'm not up 2-3 times a night - yet.

-Samuel L. Jackson FREAKS ME OUT too. Seriously.

Jerusha said...

Exceedingly great post!!

Joanne said...

great post! I love it when kids get in the tub with their clothes. makes me exceedingly happy {insert sarcasm here!} hope the sewing machine fairy visits you soon so you can show us cute sewing projects again!!!

Christy said...

thanks for the eXCEEDINGLY great read. and Talmage is getting so big and he's cute as always!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails