Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some things in my home that I love.

Yes, I love this stuff. Makes for some SHINE-Y clean pots and pans. And just because I don't exactly enjoy doing the dishes doesn't mean I don't want my efforts to not produce visible results. Good stuff.


Mmmmm, love this. I can't stand icky, greasy, froufy lotion. This stuff is very good. If I think I might be running out soon I have to go get three or four more bottles, because I wouldn't be able to survive without it. I have some in the glove compartment in the car that I always put on on the way to church (always seems like we're leaving in just enough of a hurry that I can't put it on before I go out), and the other day it was frozen solid and I was sad that my hands had to feel dry all day at church.


And I may as well tell you my lip balm of choice. Another plain jane--but it certainly does the job. I also hate dry lips. Even seeing people with dry lips makes me cringe. (Jethro often has chapped lips so I try to get him to put this on. He's concerned about whether it's okay for a boy to use it. :) )This arrangement. Done by me. Yes, you read correctly. But don't get overly excited, because when Kami comes next, she's going to fix it up for me. Trim it up a tad, put the flowers in styrofoam so they don't move. She's the man. But anyway, I got the pitcher at Goodwill (ahhhh, Goodwill) and the flowers and sticks at Hobby Lobby. I really, really REALLY love how it looks.

My hanging fruit basket. Because fruit is pretty. So the basket is both useful and aesthetically pleasing. Nice.
A crockpot full of yummy dinner. Nothing better than knowing you will have a good dinner, but don't have to work much to prepare it. (If you want to pass on any favorite recipes please do!)
Windows full of bright sunshiney light. Don't mind the clothes piles.
I like light. (Yes, someday we will paint that wall. Baby steps.)
My picture wall. (Notice Kami that we finally have a picture in the oval frame?!)

Little girls with heads full of curlers.
Playing together. Even better.
Seeing this kid on his way home.
Little babies in laundry baskets. They can't fall over, and their toys stay within reach. I thought of that myself.

There you have it. A few of my loves. What are yours?

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Fun post or WHAT!! Loved it.

I hear you about the dry hands. I have lotion in my van too, to apply on the way to church.. Wish someone would drive for me, so I could EASILY apply all the way there and not just at the red lights.

I LOVE crockpots too! I have this COOL e-mail that someone sent me. I will pass it on to you. You just click on any of the links and WALLA you have a MILLION slow cooker recipes to choose from!

Loved your wall frames in that collage! Looks great! And your goodwill jug with plants in it. VERY nice!

Alisha Erin said...

Wow, that laundry basket was a great idea!!

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

Kayli you are way to creative with your blogs! Im going to have to steal your ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails