Saturday, February 7, 2009

What we've been doing

So last night we took the kids to a free kids concert by the Lafayette Symphony Orchestra (the picture is not the Laf. Sym. Orch. because I couldn't find one. But you get the idea.) It was really fun. We saw several friends there, and before the show the kids got to go try out some instruments. For some reason Jethro thinks he's a stellar violin player. hmm.After the concert Brett and I watched the movie 'Henry Poole Was Here.' I really really liked it. Definitely see it. Very good.

This morning Brett took the toilet off to fix it.

This is what Indiana looked like today. It warmed WAY up and all the snow melted and water was everywhere. It's quite pretty whenever you get out into the fields. I'm always glad my friends live out a ways so that I can drive out of town. It is soothing to me.


Apparently Talmage was not so soothed, because right as we pulled into our friend's house, he projectile vomited on me. It was all over me and him and the car (which Brett was not pleased about). Luckily my friend Sarah is the same size as me so she just lent me jeans so I didn't look like I had wet my pants.


I had a really good visit, but Talmage seemed pretty sick and is still sickish now. Poor little sweetheart.
So the reason we drove out to our friend's house was because they invited us to come shoot. It took very little convincing. :)
Brett looks good holding a gun.
"You were this close Jethro."Boys like guns. This I've found to be a fairly universal truth.

And me. I was annoyed that the gun never held itself perfectly still when I lined up the crosshairs with the bulls-eye.
But I did perty good anyway.Then we came home and Brett finished fixing the toilet and I made cookies. Good day (except the part about Talmage).

4 comments:

Shelane said...

so i have a tip on how to get the crosshairs to hold still. i read it in a book, maybe Shane but don't quote me. you don't try to get them to hold still... you line everything up and then scan across and pull the trigger when you line up with the target. did that even make sense? let me try again just in case. you aim to the left of the target and then slowly move the gun right and when you get to the target you shoot. make sense that time?

i guess it works. i'm not a bad shot for a girl.

Lynn said...

WOW! I am impressed girl! Loved the pics of you holding that gun. Power!

Gigi said...

I was planning to take the kids to that concert until Logan got sick! You'll have to tell me more about it.

Christal said...

Love the pictures I like holding a gun too! But it is very true that boys love guns! Sorry about T puking on you hopefully he is feeling better soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails