Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nightgown

I sewed!! I mean, I've sewn before, but never using a pattern. Now, thanks to my wonderful friend Sarah, I did! Here's Hazel sporting her new, hand-sewn, nightgown.

Following a pattern was fairly difficult, in my opinion. At least compared to tutorials on the internet--they assume you know things. And Sarah said she thinks Butterick patterns are harder. Anyway, it turned out cute and I didn't make any mistakes I couldn't un-pick my way out of. :) Although, I must confess, Brett did the buttonholes for me because I was too chicken to do it.
There have been many things running through my brain that I want to write about eventually, but I'm tired so I'm going to bed and maybe I'll get to them some other time.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay....now I am TOTALLY jealous! So cute! And Brett did the button holes? I am TOTALLY impressed too!

Kristi said...

love the fabric! so fun!
you did a great job. and I have to say, button holes still scare me. and zippers. definitely zippers.

Andrea said...

Wow. As always, you amaze me.

Unknown said...

Nice job Kayli - it looks really cute. I've never liked patterns - I've only used a couple in my lifetime - and after you told me about tutorials, I tried some out and I think they are so much more fun.

Andrea said...

How's witches coming?? HMM?? HMMMM??
Becky called. Still no word from W.

Bobette said...

I am so jealous you know how to sew. I love the nightgown, it is absolutely darling. Maybe one day I'll find some talent there, but so far I have a hard time even getting buttons back on shirts. Very cute!

Gigi said...

Cute nightgown Kayli! You do great work and I'll bet Hazel loves it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails