Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Things

So things have been a little crazy. And tiring. But I think we're good now. It started last week when I took Ethne in to the doctor for a well-child check (yeah, a little late, but who's keeping track?). As usual, they told me she is very small. This I know. In fact, she's not even on the chart for weight. Hmm. But that is not news. They did find she had an ear infection, which was surprising because she hadn't acted sick in the least. So the doc gave me a prescription for antibiotics to use only if she started acting sick. I did not use the prescription, HOWEVER Hazel woke up crying several times that night saying that her ear hurt. Power of persuasion? Anyway, I took her in the next day and she did have an ear infection so I got her antibiotics. After that night, though, she never acted uncomfortable at all.

Anyway, we were all well and good except that Ethne and Talmage had colds/coughs. Then Talmage's got worse, and we took him in and he has RSV. It is not fun. At all.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the last little while. Ethne with a cracker in her mouth.
The girls playing outside when it was nice for a couple days. Now it's cold again and rainy. And it probably will be rainy every day until April.

Hazel got her hair cut.
Jethro and Brett made marshamallow guns and went outside and shot each other for a long time. Brett said he only made Jethro cry about 6 times or so.

And this is a picture of the first owners of the cute red dresses from Gap. My sister Amy's kids, Olivia and Megan. So now we can do like they do in the fashion magazines and have a poll for Who Wore It Best? Just kidding. :) I gotta say, they get points for their awesome red shoes.
And a couple of lists.

Things that can sometimes be worrisome/stressful:
  • RSV
  • job searching
  • economic recession (especially in connection with prior item)
  • having a husband trying to get a thesis written in the next 1 1/2 months
  • the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow
Things that are reassuring/I am grateful for:
  • Albuterol
  • that my husband is smart and skilled in many and various ways
  • this
  • chocolate
And Heather, yes Brett is looking for jobs. His first choice industry, with academia being a close second as long as it is a job, and anywhere near Logan being top of the list. Why--does John have a job he can put a good word in for Brett?! :)

3 comments:

Bobette said...

Kayli-

Love Hazel's haircut. Did you do it? Hope you are all feeling better soon. RSV can be really scary, Brieannah had it when she was three months old and almost had to be put in the hospital. Hope Talmage gets better soon. Cute pictures. Love the ones with you and Talmage together.

Heather S. said...

RSV is so scary! I'm so sorry, I hope he recovers soon.

I'm not sure, John just told me to ask, I'll have to see.

I just realized I don't have your email handy, Email it to me at Heather AT hjstevens DOT com and I'll send you an invite to my blog.

Lynn said...

I honestly have not heard about RSV until just this year. Seems like a lot of little babies are getting it. SO scary. I hope all the bugs in your household leave REALLY soon! And that Brett gets the job that he will love and will be good for your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails