Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sickie Hazel and Singing Jethro

Today we came home early from church because Hazel threw up in her primary class. I feel pretty lame because she had said a few things this morning about not feeling good, but then would totally act chipper and skip about and exhibited no signs of feeling unwell. Anyway, I had to run out on the poor primary presidency and have them do singing time for me (I'm subbing for the summer) for senior primary (I had already done it for junior primary) and I felt bad leaving them to do it when already two of the presidency were gone, but at least it was well planned. We played Battleship--an idea I found here.

Hazel came home and threw up several more times and was very sick the whole day. But that's not really what I was going to blog about.

I really wanted to say how very tickled I was today when I was playing the organ in Sacrament Meeting (do you capitalize that?). I played "My Country 'Tis of Thee' for the closing song, and suddenly I hear Jethro's voice belting it out really loud and exuberantly. We always sit close to the front, so he wasn't too far from me, but still, he was totally loud. I had to smile so big.

He had learned it in Kindergarten, and actually sang it as part of the program at his graduation, but I didn't think about it before I heard him singing. Anyway, I just thought it was the cutest thing.

And that's all.

2 comments:

Maren said...

I feel bad for the primary teacher. :) (And for you - dealing with sick kids is my least favorite part of being a mommy!)

Lynn said...

Awww.....I wish I could of been there to hear him sing.
WOW! I Am impressed at all the musical abilities that you have. I bet your ward LOVES you! You seem to be stepping in for a lot of people.

Related Posts with Thumbnails