Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family visit---yay!!















It was such a fun weekend with Kami's family here. I really really enjoyed it so much. On Friday night I got a babysitter and Leo and Kami and Brett and I went out. We got burgers which were very tasty and then Brett took us on a little tour of his lab. Leo seemed fascinated, but Kami and I talked about more pertinent things to us, such as labor. :)

We got home and had some great excitement when Brett pulled Jethro's first tooth!!! I was so excited. I took a video of Brett yanking it out--but Jethro was pretty calm and didn't even whimper.

The next day the guys took off to look at an old 84 Suburban that Brett really wanted to buy because it was only $300 (so how could we lose?? we could make that and more just by parting it out if we don't decide to keep it), but I was hoping he wouldn't because... I just didn't want him to. Anyway, he did not end up buying it (hooray!!!).

Kami and I met them at Turkey Run State Park later with the kids, where we hiked and had a hot dog roast. It was really fun. I like that at Turkey Run you get down in the little canyons and it's cool, plus it's pretty shady most of the time, and it's really just cool-looking everwhere. Oh, and I also like the ladder parts. The kids all liked it--I think even Ethne and Elena after they slept most of the way in their backpacks. Alright, alright, to be honest, Jethro whined some, and didn't like to get his sandals muddy (?!), which annoyed Brett, but that's life.

Kinda crazy that the next time Kami and I see each other we will both have a new baby. Will they be boys or girls? That is the question. I posted the last picture of me and Kami on our family website, and my dad's comment was, "Nice ankles." Funny guy. Oh, that reminds me, when we were at Turkey Run, this guy who passed Kami and I said something to the effect of, "We better be careful to stay out of whatever water you've been drinking." :)

3 comments:

Christal said...

Cute pictures!! from all the last posts too!! How fun to have family over to visit. Looks like you did alot of fun things too. Also how cute are all of you too!!
So to answer your questions our kids know they are adopted from birth. we have pictures they can look at of there birthmothers, one has a special book from his birthmother and they grow up just know they are adopted like its the most normal thing in the world like everybody has a birthmother, its funny the things they come up with sometimes though. They ask we answer then its like whats for lunch just like a kid eh!!! They all know there birthmothers names and its just something they know we don't talk about it everyday or anything, but its better to grow up knowing then to one day find out right. It works. the kids are great and just take things as they are {for now as they get older they will have alot more questions I'm sure} Each one has a letter from there birthmothers too to read when they are old enough to fully understand}
Anyway hope that answered your questions if you have any more just ask!!
Hope your having a great week!! ttys

Anonymous said...

I showed all the nurses the picture of you and Kami together with your bellies and they all ooohhheed and aaahhheed - so cute!
I love all your pictures - looks like sooo much fun!!! Thanks again for setting up my webpage!! You rock!!Megan

Lynn said...

LOL! Your dad is still SO funny. Love the pic of you two at the end. Gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails