Tuesday, July 29, 2008

my day

This was what I found last night when I went in to Ethne's room after I'd put her to bed, and she'd been crying for a while. Crazy little nakie.
And this is her, kicked-back and relaxed, eating dinner.

So yesterday, I had a long day in the kitchen, and now in my freezer there are: 2 (gallon size) bags of waffles, 1 bag of cookies (not essential but definitely favorable), 2 bags of white chili, 1 big bag of jambalaya, I don't know for sure how many bags of rolls, and 2 bags of twice baked potatoes. I also made bread, but for immediate use. I actually thought I would get more done, but rolls take a long time. Then I was going to make just a few more dinners today (hamburger and chicken ones) but I didn't. Instead, some friends came over and we went to the pool, and it was really fun and relaxing. Jethro LOVES swimming and Ethne got into it more today than she ever has. It was really fun.

Tonight at dinner we were having Ethne say a couple words, like apple and banana. Then we said, "Say Jethro," and she said, "Nana," (banana), and we all laughed our heads off, so then of course she thought she was so funny so she did it over and over. Funny little kid. We had a wonderful dinner of corn on the cob, tomatoes, and zucchini, all from our garden. We had the tomatoes on toast and it was delicious.

And these are pictures of what Brett has been working on the past several days. I don't know what they are, but maybe some male readers will find them interesting. The first one is the hole, before the parts are put in.

Brett wanted me to take a picture of the part below. I think he made it.


And that's how it fits on.
Yeah, any questions? Too bad. :)

3 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

I LOVE those pictures of Ethne! I wish we could she her to really see how funny she is. But the pictures do tell a lot. I'm glad Chandler hasn't figured out how to take clothes or his diaper off. Thank goodness!

That is a lot of food you made. Great idea though. Maybe I should do that so on nights when I have no clue what to make for dinner, I can pull something out of the freezer.

Oh, and you are so lucky you are eating stuff from your garden. I'm super sad I didn't have time to start one this year. We still have to make a spot in our yard and everything so we figured we'd have to wait until next summer. I've been jealous of all the people eating their garden tomatoes...and I have none:( Too bad I don't live near someone who has too many!

Lynn said...

Me too! I am SO envious of your garden producing already!
With the colder weather up here, several hail storms, and windy days.......I just don't think ours will be producing that great at all by Sept.

You do however, got me motivated to make a whole lot of freezer meals for winter. I even went out and bought a freezer meal cook book. Now to just get the stuff and go for it.

Hanah said...

Those pictures are soo beautiful! and so cute! Thank goodness for helpful siblings! I have had my daughter help to make my sons laugh many a time. :D You're such a good wife, posting pictures of your husband's hobbies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails