Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

We had a very fun 4th yesterday. And today I feel so beat...not sore exactly, just totally worn out, like I could just lie on my bed all day. But, here's the rundown of yesterday.
We got the kids all duded up in their patriotic colors (and Jethro had made his cool firecracker hat the day before), and put a few stars on Jethro's bike, and took them to a really small, but very fun kid's parade.
It was the perfect size actually. Small enough that it didn't take much time, the kids really loved it, and if you didn't see your kids for a couple minutes you didn't have to get worried. Plus, there were some friends of ours there that made it fun.
Here's Jethro at the front of the parade, ready to roll.
And Ethne walked with Daddy a ways. Interestingly enough, the outfit she is wearing is 3-6 months. I find that pretty wild.
I also find this dog very wild. So I took a picture. Festive, indeed.
Here's the kids with some friends from church. They are all the same ages. Oh, and they provided popsicles and watermelon after the parade.
This is the festive artwork I did on our front steps. I have to post this because I told Hazel to come see what I colored, and when she saw it she said, "OH THANK HEAVENS, IT'S 4TH OF JULY THINGS!!" I laughed so hard. Interesting choice of exclamation. :)
And I took this picture of Brett to show what he does on a holiday. And every other day he has a spare minute. (By the way, he had already gone to school for several hours, since he left at 4:00 a.m. to do an experiment.)
Hazel loves her shirt. I got it from a garage sale. It says, 'Daddy's Little Firecracker.'
Jethro playing with his legos. Which I decided to give him early. They have kept him busy. :)
And this is a picture of an air filter I think? that Brett took yesterday to show how it failed. He came in yesterday and said "I think I shot myself in the foot," because he had started fixing something that he couldn't put back together again because he didn't have silver welding flux, and all the places that might have it were closed. But somehow he made it work for the time being. Today he is gone helping a fellow Mercedes-owner take out an engine or work on it or something. Which leaves me with no car. Which means, maybe I really will just lie on my bed all day.

I have more pictures from what we did later in the day (which will better explain why I'm worn out today), but I think the camera is in the car, so I'll have to do it later. Ciao.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

LOVE your sidewalk art. Very cool outfits for the kids too. Looks like the parade was a hit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails