Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Funny joke


I must say thank you for all of the wonderful, spontaneous comments (because I would never do anything as lame as to fish for them!), but I feel a little guilty, because so many people praised the party as if the things were my idea--and they totally weren't. The idea to even have a Science party was from this site-- Birthday Party Ideas , and pretty much all the experiments and everything were from there. But it was fun to plan and Brett's glowing pickle was an added bonus. Anyway, now I feel better and not like I'm half-lying to get the glory. :)

Oh, and by the way Lynn, the hard-boiled egg was without it's shell. Oh, and I forgot one thing that we did, which was to microwave a bar of Ivory soap and watch it bubble and expand and grow. Only Ivory works. It was really pretty awesome. You should try it for some excitement one night.

I'm blogging again and my book is not finished, and Brett said I'm going to lose the trust of my readers because I haven't done what I said, but I'm willing to risk it. Because I had a doctor's appt. today and guess what?! The baby's not breech! That was exciting news, considering all my previous babies were breech at this point. But I do have several more weeks in which it could easily turn. The doc said that he'll do a quick ultrasound at my next appt. just to be sure. Here's hoping!

Today Jethro felt the top of my tummy and said, "Is this a head or a bum?" (he's heard me wondering before) and I said, "The doctor says it's a bum." And he said, "GREAT! Then you won't have to get a c-section!" It's funny that he sort of knows what he's talking about, while at the same time he doesn't really know what he's talking about. I mean, I explained what a c-section was and why Kami had hers--because her baby was breech blah blah, so he does know, but there are holes elsewhere in his knowledge of births. :)

My doctor also said that since my last labor was so fast, he'd like to schedule an induction at 39 weeks if I haven't had my baby by then, so that it can be delivered in a "more controlled environment." Personally, I think it'll be a moot point, because I don't think I'll go to 39 weeks. I just realized today that I could have my baby on 08-08-08. Do you think I should really try for it?

Hmmm, what else? That was the main excitement for me. Yesterday Brett finally got the bug that the rest of us took turns having last week, so he stayed home from work and laid on the couch all day reading or watching movies. It was strange--he's just not usually like that.

I don't think that I've mentioned all of the new things Ethne is saying these days yet. She has quite a few more words, such as book (bo), me (more), din (drink), a few others that she'll say after we say them, and my ultimate favorite: Weh-wo meaning Jethro. It is soooooo cute! I love love love to hear her say it to him.

Tonight we had a casserole for dinner that includes lots of zucchini, a couple tomatoes, and cheese and breadcrumbs. I really like it, so I wondered if anyone would be interested in the recipe, since I know people often have more zucchini than they know what to do with.

I'm excited for this weekend because my mom is with my sis Kami, and we're going to visit! Hooray--it feels like we haven't seen Grandma in ages!!!! It has been a year--just think, she hasn't seen Ethne since she was about 9 months old. Lucky us!!!

Well, I think that is all. Oh, except Kristi asked about the flowers in Hazel's hair in some pictures a few posts back, and I was going to give the link to where I got the instructions (though it's not really involved). Here 'tis.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Kayli,
It's way too late and I should be in bed. I'm trying to play catch-up after returning from ID. Your comment on my last blog post made my day. It was a good reminder to me of why I blog--to see how our kids have changed and to remember all the things we've done and been through. Also, thanks for the praise for the recipes.:) Those are a few of our favorites. Hey--when I think of spinach artichoke dip I think of you. It's the BEST. You're great and I hope your little baby is doing well. Hope to read the rest of your posts soon. :) Love the volcano cake!

Andrea said...

P.S. Can't wait for the baby to arrive! Hey 8-8-08 would be an awesome b-day! I'm 7-8-78!

Andrea said...

Kayli, go work on our book you lazy slob.

Lynn said...

LOL! to Andrea's comment. Nothing like a sister to put us in our place.

I for one am glad you chose to post instead. Sorry Andrea. : P

Recipe??? PLEEEEEEASE! And thanks! I just bought a whole lot of it and I would LOVE the casserole recipe.

P.S. THat is great news about your baby not turning and no C section. That is also great that you will be able to see your mom. Give her a hug and a hi from me.

Kristi said...

you should have your baby on 08,08- that is Jeds birthday! we had him a year early though- he wil be nine, not 8 this year. that would have been too cool. thanks for the flower linky! too cute. love it.

Anonymous said...

Kayli - I loved all your pics from Kami and all your cute stories. I really enjoy reading them - they usually cheer me up although sometimes they make me jealous and sometimes envious!!!!! I hope the baby stays head down!! Have a good night.

Megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails