Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Crushed

On my way to my doctor's appointment a while back, I saw this beautiful field of flowers and I really wanted to take pictures of the kids there. But it was on the far side of town, so I had to have a good excuse to drive over there. So before we went to the fair, I told them we had to take pictures first. Well, it did NOT go well at all.

First of all, Hazel started crying and whining and saying that she couldn't walk into the field because it was scratchy, and I, being a very loving and understanding good mother, told her to stop being so wussy.

Then I had time to snap a handful of pictures---seriously hardly ANY--before some guy came and kicked us out (don't tell Brett, he'd probably be appalled). Ruff. I really didn't know anyone would mind us being there. So, anyway, I was crushed with the lousy time we had, but what can you do. I had envisioned so much more! So, if anyone around here has seen any fields that are similar to this--please call and tell me where!!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You're kidding?! What the heck were you kicked out for? Some people! It's not like you were destroying the field.
BTW----Gorgeous colors in your photos.

Kristi said...

those flowers are so nice! Joanne and I stopped yesterday and took pictures in a field of flax- my kids were running amuk, I was just waiting for the farmer to come give us heck! fun at the fair! you are a brave lady. I don't know if I would take all my kids- because of unpredictable behavior, running, and whining and the such. and please get some internet. I will miss you immensely.

florascrap said...

Cute pictures! I love the ones of Ethne especially. :) I can't believe you were kicked out...what a meanie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails