Tuesday, March 9, 2021

White Pine Lake, July 1, 2020

 The first day of July, a gorgeous sunny day, we invited our two neighbor friends, Wesley and Millie, and we all hiked to White Pine Lake.  That is a 4-mile hike one-way, and Navy walked the WHOLE way there completely on her own, without being carried at all--that's amazing!  Then we ate lunch, did handstands, climbed rocks, balanced on logs, jumped over logs, played in snow (a lot), gathered flowers, waded in the water, and walked around the entire lake before hiking back (probably 10+ miles all together).  We were one tired bunch by the end of the day, I can assure you!  But it was sooo beautiful and fun!













I climbed up the side of the mountain to get this pretty view, and it was worth it!  Just so lovely!



















I love these cuties!









This guy was out floating and fishing before we got there, and he packed up just as we were leaving and saddled his horse again to ride out.  Pretty nice day. :)




(I took off my backpack to climb this rock and forgot to put it on again, and then when we had nearly finished circling the lake I realized I didn't have it and had to walk partway around again to get it.)



So much fun surfing down the snow and throwing snowballs, I could hardly get them to leave to continue around.




















Hazel's got hops.






I just adore this picture of Navy.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails