Thursday, March 18, 2021

Opal Creek, Oregon Day 4, Aug 2020

 One of the BEST days in Oregon was our adventure with Blake and Julia to Opal Creek (recommended to me by Rocki, I believe).  It was a bit of a drive, but man, was it worth it!































Okay, so this was one of the best places we went in Oregon. It's called Opal Creek and it is GORGEOUS. I mean, that water--heavenly choirs singing, breathtakingly, STAGGERINGLY gorgeous. I was overcome. Honestly, when we got to the biggest pool (Opal Pool?) I may have started declaring my love to everyone. Not just everyone in my family, but also the other group of people that happened to be there. 😬 (We're friends now. It's fine.) And I wish pictures could include more! The water was the most gorgeous colors (no edits on these), but it was surrounded by this beautiful green forest, and the sun was streaming through all golden and shimmery, and it was just glorious. 



When we got to this place there was a family there already, and I was literally telling everyone how full of love and amazement I was, and I asked the people if they had just jumped off a cliff, and where it was (I had heard the splash), and he showed me where, and how you have to go up the trail, cross the bridge, and then climb down to it.  I said, "Can you show me?" and he's like, "okay." So he went all the way and jumped just to show me.  So then I was like, "Brett, I have to do it!" but I was waffling about whether to take my shoes or leave my shoes, but either way I'd have to walk all the way up there without shoes so then a nice girl in the family offered to let me wear her water shoes, which was soooo nice!


Then we got to the place where there was a natural rock waterslide which was perfect for the kids.













Funny story about the newt, or whatever it was- Hazel saw it first, but couldn't catch it, then Brett tried to catch it, but it's very slippery so I gave him a hat and then he caught it and all the kids came and were looking at it and Jethro was looking too and then when we put it back in the water, Brett handed Jethro his hat, and Jethro was like, "Wait, that's MY hat?!? You put the newt in MY hat?!!!!" Hahhaa











https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wr44Vx_cL4


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7wr44Vx_cL4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


We heard that just a couple days after we were there, there was a big fire near Opal Creek so people weren't allowed to go anymore.  I was so glad we had been able to go, and I hope the area is not too badly damaged.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails