Friday, March 12, 2021

July Stuff 2020, Jethro's birthday, Porcupine Dam Cliff Jumping

 So, more of July, that lovely month.




A little family hike one Sunday up to Cold Creek lake (which is more like a puddle). This is what I wrote about it on instagram: 
Today we were feeling pretty tired from our previous two days partying and late nights, so we did a lot of sitting and napping, but finally after dinner we felt like we needed to get out of the house so we went to a place near us with a little pond. On the road to the trailhead there was a big bull standing in the road, unfortunately I was too slow to get the picture when he was standing right in front of our van looking at us, but he moved out of the way. Later, there was a cow in the road, and then when we started walking on the trail there was a cow that walked ahead of us for quite a while. And all the cows were feeling very communicative and were mooing a lot and there were some ahead of us and some below us and it was very echoey and pretty cool.
Then when we left Talmage was running ahead of the van and of course we had to leave him in the dust to run after us for awhile and when we finally slowed down he jumped on the van. Good times.
And Jethro was kind of laughing at Navy for saying something (at one point she called something 'sick' which is the slang that Jethro often uses and he was impressed 🙄) and she said, "Why are you laughing? Is it because of the cuteness that I have?"







A hike with Mom, Lindsay and her kids, and Chad.





Chad made a spear out of a stick and a rock and some grass he braided. It was pretty sweet.







And the kids had to get in the water, of course.


I love how excited / impressed Ruthie was.  haha!




Then she did it!  Go Ruthie!!






And later Wyatt made a spear too.


We got a cute little fluffy black kitten and named him Killer.  Everyone loved him.










This is the weed that kept growing in my flower beds and it was terrible, and I just watched it because I'm lazy and it always seemed like too much work to go pull something that just comes back, and I took the picture because I was going to show them at the garden center so they could give me something to spray them with but I never did.  It's actually quite pretty for a weed, so ?




Pineview Dam with Andrea's family.  Andrea and I swam out a long way and it was glorious.  So refreshing.








This is random and so funny to me.  I don't remember why but Anders and Devaney and Ruthie were at our house, apparently, and Anders started tying people up in extreme ways and then they were seeing if they could break free, like a magician I guess. Looks kind of sketchy... 




That was Devaney that he just tied up and then stuffed in a tote.  Hmmm.


And Orrin, tied up with jump ropes and stuffed on the shelf.


Another walk on Wayne's Loop.








And we went to Porcupine for Jethro's birthday celebration!





Natalie was here, but none of the rest of her family (because she drove home with my mom and dad or something).


Ethne with Sierra and Gracie.


Russ, Chez, Navy, Natalie, Journey



How did he turn 18?????? I can't believe it!



Happy birthday, Jethro!!!!  (Ethan and Kourtney had been there too.)



We had so much fun jumping off the cliffs!!!!  Ethan jumped off from the highest (most insane) spot, Brett and Jethro and I jumped off the medium-highest one, and Hazel, Talmage, and ORRIN jumped off the smallest-high one (I was so impressed with Obi!!).



















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails