Wednesday, March 17, 2021

More funny things to save

Today Brett and I went to a tree farm and were looking at different trees to buy with the nice sales guy/farmer, and he said, "Is she your only child?" And we said no, and Navy said, "I'm the youngest. EVERYBODY LIKES ME."


 Brett was helping a boy in our ward, named Alex, with his Science Fair Project.  I came home from taking Ethne to violin, and I was looking all over for Orrin (who was in the front room all along, he just didn't answer my calling), so I stuck my head in the garage and saw Alex working with Brett.  Then I came back to the kitchen and Talmage came over to me and angrily said, "Alex is SO annoying!!" and I was really taken aback, and was like, whaat??  But then he kept talking and I realized he means ALEKS, the online math homework program, not Alex, the boy in the garage.


Text to my dad:

Dad, please write your life history!!  Pleeeeeeease? It would be epic!

Dad:

I was born, I married a hot beauty, I had strange kids, I got old, I died.  There, your wish is my command!  And I'm quick, too, right!


Talmage came home and said his teacher said he is a "WWI Scholar" because he kept telling her all the things she was leaving out, like the Battle of Ypres, Verdun, and the Somme.  I told him she only has so much time, so she has to give a general overview.  The class isn't even World History, it's Utah History.  ha  Also, he was an assassin and killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand today, so that's fun.


Navy asked if she could watch shows while I did stuff and I told her not right now but maybe later in the day so she should go back and play in the front room.  So she went to the front room for a while, then five minutes later she came back in and said, looking at me carefully, "I've played for... seven... years.  Can I watch a show now?"


Navy just said her bedtime prayer and she said, "Please bless Ethne not to find out whether or not I have any of her stuff, WHICH I DON'T!" 


Yesterday I took Hazel and Ethne shopping and Hazel found some jeans she needed and then was very bored the rest of the time while she waited for Ethne to try on a bunch of stuff.  So on the way home, Ethne asked what our favorite thing to shop for is (hers is shoes), and Hazel said, "I like shopping for art supplies." And Ethne said, "no, I mean out of clothing" and Hazel said, "hair ties."  And I said, "You've never bought a fancy hair tie in your life!" and she said, "I know.  I just mean the plain black ones.  Very easy to shop for... You just buy them."


Brett, tonight at dinner:  "Which is harder, Tungsten Carbide or glass?"  We all guessed, then he looked it up and said, "Wow--tungsten carbide is way harder!  Glass is 5.5 - 7 Mohs, tungsten carbide is 9 - 9.5 Mohs.  Diamonds are 10."  Then Talmage says, "My abs are 11!"


I was talking to Orrin about which restaurant he wants to go to for his 10th birthday date, and Ethne said, "He can't be that old!" and I said, "I know, it always seems that way."  And she said, "When I was 10 I wasn't that young!"


When I was making chokecherry syrup I said, "Mmmmm! That smells so good!  It smells like my childhood!" And Navy said, "Mmm, it IS so good.  It smells like my childhood too!"  


Navy just asked for "a sandwich.  But with nothing on it.  Except butter. And have it be in the toaster, but only one side."  Toast.  She was asking for toast.


Navy was playing with her toy wand today and said, "Mom, I want a wand that REALLY does stuff.  Get me one of those kind."  umm...


Tonight I was in the kitchen and I heard Brett saying, "Oh that's so cute!!" and I thought, that's weird--Navy's in bed, and he's not with the puppies or anything-- what could he be thinking is so cute? So Hazel and I went to investigate, and it was wire.  He had had parts sent to him for his work project, and there was a spool of wire, and that's what he was exclaiming over.


Yesterday I went to Mom's house for a minute and she said, "Oh, I have your bowl! Hang on a minute and I'll wash it so you can take it!"  (Because it still had salad in it) and I was like, "It's really okay mom, I can just get it another day."  And she said, "No, no, I've seen your bowl situation and it can be very iffy!"

And then today someone on the FB group was selling some brand new tupperware bowls for cheap and so I got one and I'm pretty sure mom was praying for me and my iffy bowl situation.

  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails