Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Brett and I Backpack to Mt. Naomi, July 2020

 Brett and I went on a little backpacking trip by ourselves up in the Mt. Naomi Wilderness.  We started out on the same trail that the kids and I had done earlier to the Middle Fork Waterfall, but then we veered a different way.





There were sooo many wildflower everywhere!



We made it to High Creek Lake!








We even took a dip.  For about 3 seconds and then we jumped out again because it was FREEZING!












I went and scouted around and found this really fun place to climb.


The golden hour was just beautiful.












We got up early-ish and hiked to Mt. Naomi peak.


Gorgeous.




Mt. Naomi is the highest peak in the Bear River range, at 9,983 ft.





We ate our bagels there with a very bold chipmunk.





That's where we were.  (Thank you other hikers for getting there after us, so I could take this picture showing off where we were.)






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails