Friday, October 12, 2007

Extreme Pinewood!!

I got skunked at last year's Extreme Pinewood Derby, so this year I had to make sure that I had a competition-winning car. Here are a couple of vids from the race. Its kind of small, but my car hits the padding on the wall about the same time the other car is nearing the bottom of the incline.



--That was Brett, now it is Kayli. (It was also Brett in the last post about the dancing, since he had to take the videos to work to upload them, since our slow-as-molasses computer won't load them). Anyway, yeah, Brett was so excited about the derby, you have no idea. He worked on his car for hours and hours, especially the last few days before the derby. I called him one day at work about twenty times and he was never there, so when he came home I asked him if he had been in a meeting. He said, "No, I was downstairs in the shop working on the car." Hmmm, I see that your pre-lim is getting top priority, as usual. Then, at the derby, when he got up to get food, he made sure I watched over the car. What a silly guy.

He won first place in the propulsion class and he also won best design. He didn't mention that the first time he raced his car, it flew off the track (I mean that literally--it was airborne) and ran into a little girl in the crowd. Luckily it didn't hurt her (but I felt quite embarrassed). But after that, everyone moved back, Brett added some weight to the front of the car, and it never had lift-off again. Here are some close-up pictures of the car. If you'll notice, it is quite close to the original plans shown on this post.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Very nice! I think The Horsepower of Stain and Braveness is an adequate title for that car. It's got style and speed! This sort of this is what every guy really wants to be doing. The real trick is to work it into a thesis.

Related Posts with Thumbnails