Monday, October 8, 2007

I love President Monson!

President Monson has the coolest birthday in the world, being of course, the same as mine--Aug. 21 (and incidentally, also my brother-in-law Tim's, and yours, Aunt Darlene, if you're reading this), but not only THAT--he also just gave me another reason to be prideful of my red hair and my red-headed kids!! Cause they're such good leaders and pacesetters and missionaries! (Not that I needed any more reasons, for goodness sake, as I'm already a red-head and a Rasmussen! (and a Bell, of course, but they don't have the cockiness inherent to the Rasmussen clan)). So anyway, loved loved LOVED his talk in the Priesthood session even though I only heard ABOUT it. I'm going to print it off and glue it to the front of Jethro's scriptures or something. Anyway, I'm moving on now. ;) Oh, and President Hinckley is so funny too. Love him as well.

We went to the church to watch conference on Sunday morning, but then listened to the second session at home in our room, and here is a picture of what that entailed. Jethro's asleep on his bunk because he was exiled to his room for having an accident....the fourth of the weekend!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr....there is nothing quite so annoying as having to get after a kid who WAS POTTY-TRAINED THREE YEARS AGO!!!! Anway. Needless to say I was feeling VERY crazy afterwards, so I begged Brett to go for a drive. He was so awesome that he even let me take some pictures...and they turned out awesome! See next post.

My sister Amy gave us this awesome Halloween decoration because OBVIOUSLY it's AWESOME!!! Here is Hazel giving a mean witch face by it.
Today and tomorrow is October Break for Brett (but not for Jethro) and so Brett has been working on replacing all of the rest of the windows in our house.

Here's a funny Hazel story. The other day we were making Apple Crisp together, and she was helping me all the while, until it was time to put it in the oven, and I said I had to do that part because only big people could do it. And she said, "But Grandma said I am getting so big, that's what she said." Ha haa. How come kids can remember things like that from a long time ago, but not something you tell them to do five seconds ago? It's a puzzle.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Good post!
Our Sunday seemed a lot like yours (by-the-way, I hope that Brett didn't mind Jethro playing with Sam during Gen. Conf., Jethro and Hazel were soooooo good, Sam was the loud annoying one) We stayed home for the second session as well and felt a little frazzeled and crazy afterwords. Only we went to the park to get our wiggles out. Love the sunsets!

Amy said...

Funny conference pictures!! And too funny about what Hazel remembers... I swear that kids really do have selective memory.

Related Posts with Thumbnails