Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some linkies

Here are some links in random order.

1.  This is a virtual knee surgery game for kids.  Jethro found it one day and he and Hazel had fun performing an operation.

2. Did you National Geographic has a million gazillion videos?  Jethro could spend ALL DAY watching them.  They’re broken into different categories, and there’s a category for kids too.

3.  Our whole family played this game where you hear the animal sound and have to choose which animal it belongs to.  Very fun.  The panther is SCARy.

4.  On Tuesday I made the best tasting dinner I’ve had in a long time.  It was tremendous.  Here’s the recipe, and how to cook the chicken, and the bacon (I did them how she suggested in the oven, on the same pan), and the alfredo sauce (which is, of course, already linked to in the recipe).

5.  And have I told you that my sister has a new homeschooling blog?  It is very cool.  Even if you don’t homeschool, just read it for all the fantastic book recommendations for kids of varying ages.

6.  Last night I felt like I made a pretty fabulous dinner, mainly because of how many parts it had.  I’m usually a one-pot meal kinda person, with the occasional carrot sticks or apple slices thrown in.  But last night, I made potato pancakes, fruit salad (just apples, bananas, and orange cut up, but the fact that all of them were cut and in a bowl together makes it cooler than just any one by itself you know), scrambled eggs, and cinnamon toast that I decided to make last minute.  I had skimmed over this post earlier and it really was as amazing as she said.  Tasty tasty tasty.

7.  So somehow I came across these interviews with different members of the Quorum of the Twelve, and sometimes their wives, and though I’ve only listened to one so far (they’re pretty long), I found it highly interesting, because like it says on the site “These discussions are done in a style which allows the listener to become acquainted with those being interviewed in an informal way.  This is particularly interesting with the featured general authorities, who are known to most only in formal settings.”  I listened to the one with Elder Oaks and his wife and found out that Elder Oaks is a fanatical BOTTOM of the toothpaste tube squeezer, so his wife and he are happier when they have their own tubes, and other fascinating tidbits like that.  Here are the links for the first eight interviews, and here is the link for two more.

And that’s all I’ve got for today.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Love all your links. Thanks!

Ginger said...

I can definately imagine Elder Oaks as a bottom tube squeezer.

And I'm glad for you and you dinner adventures. I hate making dinner and so we usually have the main meal and then carrot sticks or cucumber slices or apples. I'm not creative at all. Nor do I have the patience for it.

Christine Merrill said...

We've been enjoying these Apostle interviews for several months now, they're really awesome. You can see all the interviews and such that the church puts out (not just GA's) at radio.lds.org. This is currently my podcast happy place...ok, I think they're the only podcasts I listen to! I just learn so much from these guys' examples and life experiences!

Andrea said...

Kate--Timothy liked the cinnamon sugar toast so much he made up a song about it. No joke. He also made me make "fancy toast" two days in a row by repeated singing of the song.

You found a winner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails