Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today

So today I had a bad hair day. This doesn’t just mean that I didn’t like my hair. It means that I actually tried to do my hair and I hated it. And Ethne asked why I curled my hair and then just put it in a ponytail. And then I dwelt on how much I hated my hair all morning. Around lunchtime I called Brett and told him that my hair is ugly. (I definitely would have called one of my sisters instead (as they would know much better how to respond) but alas, it was 4 in the morning their time. sniff sniff) He wasn’t sure how to respond (beyond saying it wasn’t ugly) because this is a time when I might do something crazy to my hair, and he really didn’t want that. Then I said see ya and cried. (And this was probably when Brett was wondering why he has to associate with a female… ever.) For some reason, my ugly hair consumed me all day. Brett asked me if the kids were being ornery or if anything else was wrong. No, no, just me being crazy about hating my hair. (p.s. I don’t usually do this. But just because I don’t usually doesn’t mean I don’t ever.) So Brett came home early (early being 5 rather than 6 or 6:30) and we went for a walk. It was nice. We saw flowers in front doors:DSCF4165 leaves coming out on trees:

DSCF4170-1 lots of cute farm animals:DSCF4181 DSCF4185 DSCF4194 DSCF4195 DSCF4200DSCF4196 DSCF4203 DSCF4210 DSCF4214 DSCF4220

and pretty blossoms:DSCF4166DSCF4212 DSCF4241 DSCF4244Then Hazel and Jethro had a competition to see who could hang on a branch longer.

DSCF4255 Hazel won.DSCF4256And Ethne had to try too.

DSCF4259

The end.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

shave it. haha Im totally kidding!! but seriously....;) What a good hubby to come home early to take your mind off things!!

Lynn said...

Looks like your bad hair day turned out pretty awesome!

I agree with Lindsay......Brett was pretty cool to come home early and spend time with you when you said that you were having a bad hair day. Pretty impressive hubby in my books. ; D

Related Posts with Thumbnails