Monday, April 26, 2010

Things

This is a word cloud made from this past General Conference –so the more times the word was used, the bigger it appears (minus words such as a, the, it).  I’m sure you’ll notice ‘children.’  It seemed like family and children was a huge theme this conference.  Very cool.  (I saw this on somebody else’s blog and pretty much had to share the exact thoughts she had.  The website it is from is here.)

image

When I saw this room in the Gruyeres Schloss-

DSCF3717 DSCF3715 I thought that more people should paint flowers on their walls because it’s so pretty (prettier in real life than the pictures).  And guess what, now Hazel and Ethne’s room does have flowers on its wall!

Jethro found some books on the side of the road that were to be recycled, and he picked them up and brought them home.  One of them was a book about flowers and inside were very lovely pictures of flowers on pieces of paper that were just glued in on one side, and on many of them the glue was already old and un-glued.  So I ripped a whole bunch out and taped them up to the wall of Hazel and Ethne’s room.  I really really LOVE how it looks.  It’s really big and covers a big part of the wall, and is so bright and beautiful.

DSCF4486

One close-up.DSCF4478 DSCF4484The desk that’s under the flowers came from the side of the road too.  

And to end, here is a video of my cute cute cute CUTE little boy growling at Brett.  Brett is a little red-faced and sweaty because he had just ridden his bike home from work.  I love those boys soooo much!

6 comments:

shelleyjanae said...

LOVE the flowers. And I love it that you have Jethro trained to bring home good things from other peoples "trash". :) Well done Jethro.

Tracy said...

The flowers look great, I thought they were tiles (that's just how nice they look)! Talmage is just so cute.

nicole said...

How pretty! I love the flower wall. I never find cool stuff on the side on the road...

...someday.

Christal said...

the flowers look awesome and the video is so dang cute! I love baby laughs!! adorable!

Andrea said...

Loved the video and loved the flowers. Now you don't have to wonder what style of decorator you are: you're the "by the side of the road finds" kind.

Kami said...

I love love love the flowers. So cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails