Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 1-Titlis

I had an amazing weekend. Brett’s cousin’s family (who are renting our house in Indiana) came to Germany for 8 weeks for Ben to do a study abroad in Germany. They drove down to visit us in Switzerland and we had more fun than you can shake a stick at. My only complaint is that the time went WAAAY TOO fast! But we tried to fit in as much as possible. So, first day—we drove to a mountain called Titlis. On the way, we stopped for lunch in Lucerne (a city that Brett served in for about 6 months while on his mission). It was a nice little bread and cheese lunch on the edge of the lake. DSC_0010 DSC_0011 DSC_0015

The kids had fun watching and feeding the swans and Talmage tried to steal a cow bell from the souvenir shop.

DSC_0021Maybe someday we’ll come back to Lucerne and go for a boat ride. DSCF2866DSCF2869DSCF2875

Can I just say it was a GORGEOUS, PERFECT day. There was a beautiful blue sky and the green grass was absolutely brilliant. Sooooooooo beautiful.DSC_0175DSCF2902

Here we are. This is how we got up to the top of the mountain – by lift and then cable. DSC_0157 DSCF2913DSCF2905 DSCF2915 DSCF2918DSCF2925 DSCF2926

View from the top—simply amazing. Stunning. Gorgeous.DSC_0086DSC_0089DSC_0092DSC_0100DSC_0090DSCF2921DSCF2924 DSCF2935 DSCF2936 DSCF2942 DSCF2946 DSCF2955Then we went through the ice caves. They had cool lights and even music. DSCF2957 DSCF2961 DSCF2962Funniest thing ever---- as soon as we got up to the top, these Asian people kept grabbing Talmage and Ethne and taking pictures with them. It was so hilarious. On the cablecar on the way down, there were some more from Taiwan who were taking pictures with Talmage and Ethne, and I saw this lady’s fingernails and had to take a picture. (I figured she had pictures of my kids, I could have a picture of her nails.)DSCF2981Me and Allison.

DSC_0169

On the drive home we stopped at St. Beatus-Höhlen – a place with caves and a little museum and playground and stuff. It was all closed, but we had a fun time exploring anyway. (We kindof went there on accident – happy accident.)

DSCF3029 DSCF3031DSC_0199DSC_0201 DSCF3035 DSCF3037 DSCF3038 DSCF3040 DSCF3041This was the restaurant on top. Closed, but still awesome to see how it’s built right into the mountainside above the waterfalls. It was dark by then, so the pictures don’t do it justice, either. We’ll have to go back.

DSCF3045And this is a picture of the castle in Thun, which we drove through on our way home. (More on the castle later.)

DSCF3082

And that was Day 1. Fantastic.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures. Since I've lived here, I've had several Asian people come up and randomly start taking picture of my kids (it's kind of disarming), the first time was on Halloween (I just assumed that was just because people are crazy on Halloween), but the second time was at Stake Conference (I was sitting in the hallway of a big hotel with the kids, and this man just came over smiling and clicking away). At least you got a picture in return (I just sat there smiling like and idiot).

Tracy said...

How fun! I heard that Alison and her family would be visiting you. They have been a wonderful addition to the ward, it was sad to see them go for the summer.

Oh and I have been to Lucerne and up that same mountain! Love it!

Lynn said...

You guys find the most amazing places and fun! Even by accident! Sheesh! I want some of that magic you have. ; D

That cable car thing might of freaked me out a bit with little kids, but who knows.......that view is AMAZING!!

Rachael said...

it's official--I need to move to Switzerland. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. and your family is the perfect family to really enjoy it--whenever I think of you guys, I think, "cool outdoors adventures!"

Steve and Katrina said...

LOVE the pictures. So pretty. And how in the world do you stay so skinny with all your Nutella and bread and cheese eating?! You're so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Bells!

We made it home safely, but not without us and the kids missing our cousins, and the best weekend in the world!

Thanks so much for letting us hear the Bells in Switzerland:)

Ben,Allison,Adele, and Alex

nicole said...

wow. nice day 1!

Sarah Harrington said...

Kayli-
What a beautiful day and gorgeous views. I know this is a little late, but I've been meaning to go back and read some of your travel posts. I LOVE the picture of you and Brett together at the top of the mountain. You should frame it. And I LOVE the close up picture of the family on the bridge. You should use it for your family picture this year. The background is just perfect for you guys. Anyway, looks like an amazing trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails