Saturday, April 17, 2010

The end of the blog.

So my dad said that he didn’t even need to come visit me, since he can see all of Switzerland just by reading my blog. So—goodbye forever, everyone. It’s been swell. See you all on the other side.

.

.

.

.

.


Umm, just kidding. Instead, I’ll leave my father with a short letter.

Dear Father,

Read with your eyes closed.

Thank you for your interest, and have a day.

p.s. do not read the following letter. (I am filled with acute fear just imagining what crazed ramblings might spew from your demented mind if you ever elected to leave a comment. Heaven help us.)

Now then.

Dearest Mother, I am so happy you look in on the blog from time to time. But then, of course you must, now that your favorite daughter, son-in-law, and especially grandchildren have moved to a different continent. I just wanted to instruct you on how to leave a comment. I am not trying to make you feel obligated to leave comments, it’s just that I feel it my duty to provide you with the training, just in case you ever should need to know, though it is quite unlikely (much like when you and Dad taught me such things as balancing a checkbook, or ironing). And don't worry--this is much easier than texting, and you text!

Okay. First, you must scroll to the bottom of the post. At the very bottom, underneath the place that says ‘You might also like:’ and then three pictures, there are the words ‘posted by me 2 comments’ in very small text. Or it might say ‘0 comments,’ or ‘6 comments,’ but probably not ‘55 comments.’ Anyhow, ‘X number of comments.’ And that is what you click on. The word ‘comments.

Then, a new little window will pop up. Any previous comments will be there, and then a box that says, “Leave your comment.’ That is where you type: “Kayli, you are my most favorite and beautiful and talented daughter. That Jethro and Hazel and Ethne and Talmage are easily the cutest, best, and smartest kids in the world.” And then, you click the little circle before ‘anonymous’ because you don’t have a google account. But that is okay (just remember to write your name in the comment so we know who wrote it)! No worries, because then all you have to do is push the bright orange button that says ‘publish comment’ and you are done!!!

Let's review.

  1. Click the word ‘comment’ at the very bottom of the post.
  2. Write your message and your name in the empty box.
  3. Select ‘anonymous’
  4. Click orange button that says ‘publish comment.’

Yay!!! I love you Mom! You're the greatest!! I miss you and so do the kids and we’re sooooo glad you get to come see us next summer! xoxoxo

And, some pictures of Handsome Man, just for fun.

DSCF3816 DSCF3817 DSCF3818

And here is even a little video of Talmage playing catch with me (shot by Jethro). He was shrieking even louder before we started taping. I love that boy. :)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

HA Ha. Good luck with the "comment" parent training. I've been trying to do the same thing for so long now. If you have success, please let me know. I may have to get your parents to help my parents. ; D

Christal said...

That was awesome! My parents need that lesson too they are in the stalker category ha ha!! Loving the journey through your pictures!!

Kristi said...

I think my mom commented once, and I think my mil commented once on my blog. crazy people.
I want to come more after seeing your pictures. your silly dad- he is funny.

Anonymous said...

It is true, your kids are the homeliest of all my homely grandchildren.
FOG

Related Posts with Thumbnails