Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random pictures and info.

So guess where I was last night?  I was in Bern in my German class.  Yes, I am taking a German class.  No, I did not want to.  My husband made me.  He did not twist my arm behind my back until I screamed ‘yes I will take German classes!’ (because he is not my brother) but he made me nonetheless.  There are so many reasons I did not want to take them, the money being the main factor, but also because I think they will be pretty useless-as in, I don’t think I’ll be able to speak it well enough by the end for it to be of use.  And I can come up with a defense against every argument Brett made except when he said something along the lines of ‘You should want to better yourself.’  Because it just doesn’t sound very good to say ‘I don’t want to better myself.  I just to stagnate.’  Ya know. 

Anyhow, I went, and turns out I had a great time.  Last night, anyway, when there were no expectations for us to know anything, and we were all new-student-giddy.  There were people from all over the place!  Just at my end of the table was a guy from New Zealand, France, Italy, Dominican Republic, and Spain.  And it was really weird walking down the middle of Bern with everybody around, all by myself, with somewhere to go.  I was thinking, this isn’t me, is it?  And I thought that I should get some more stylish clothes.  But who am I kidding?  I wear the same hoodie every day because I love comfort.

Brett’s birthday was Sunday, and I did nothing.  I did not cook any meal that day (luckily we were invited over to a couple’s house in our ward), I did not get Brett any presents, and yeah.  Nothing.  But hey, I’m taking German lessons.

Jethro and Hazel have been on a school break for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  I’m really ready for them to go back to school.  They only go half days anyway (which I LOVE), but it’s nice to have structure.  When school starts again on Monday, Jethro will be going to the regular school, instead of his special German school.  We’re really excited for that, so he can meet kids his own age from his own neighborhood, and do more fun things in class, as well as get more every-day, conversational German.  (He understands so much already.  It’s really amazing.)

So anyway.  I should go, do my homework or prepare my lesson for Sunday.  Yes, I also got a calling to teach Sunday School to YSA in English.  So that’s cool, but also intimidating.  I’d rather play the organ.  Oh wait, I’ll be doing that every few weeks too.  That’s good.  Much easier than preparing a lesson.

So.  That’s all.  Here are some random pictures of my crazy hooligans.

DSCF3966 

DSCF3969 Oh how I laugh at this smile.  HA AH AHAAA!

DSCF4057 So cute!DSCF4060 

DSCF4064 

DSCF4065 Ummm, where does she come from?

DSCF4073 

DSCF4075 

DSCF4080 DSCF4091

Beautiful.  Yes, I’m aware.  Very, very beautiful.DSCF4100 

DSCF4105 

DSCF4109 

DSCF4116 

DSCF4118 

DSCF4119 

DSCF4126 

DSCF4128 

DSCF4132 

DSCF4134

DSCF4139 DSCF4141 

DSCF4142 

DSCF4143 The end.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that "you SHOULD want to better yourself". That totally sounds like something Casey would say. Cute pictures.

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

you can tell cassidy and ethne are cousins! man alive those two and their faces!!! We miss you guys!

Lynn said...

"Better yourself"?

Hmmmmm...............I don't think your pictures could get any better than this. Love em. ; D

Andrea said...

I hear you on the hoodie...I just had to give mine up a few months ago. It looking pretty pathetic. Hey--that's how it is when you've been students for FOREVER--but like you said, I always wear my same favorite things anyway so I shouldn't care!

I love that you're taking a German class. Great attitude Kayli! I love that Brett told you to do it. If I was there I would take it with you. : )

LOVE all the pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails