Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today

Today I read a really good book. I've actually read it before, because I've read all the Norah Loft books at our library (I really wish they had more!) but it was good the second time around too. I love at the very end the husband says, "I'm against my wife being hanged."

Today the kids set up a tent in the front room and are now sleeping in it.
Today the kids played out in the snow for a little while.
Today I sent Jethro to school and later got a call from his teacher saying, "I was just calling to tell you Jethro got here all right so you don't have to worry." I wasn't worried. It wasn't terribly cold. Yes, it had snowed, but that doesn't exactly make a two-and-a-half block walk really treacherous does it, when you have boots, heavy coat, hat, scarf and mittens? Or am I the crazy one and I should have been worried?Today my sister-in-law Lindsay Ann wrote a cool post on her blog about how Rasmussens dip lots of things in their milk (such as cookies-of course, cake, toast, etc.). Her take-home message was awesome. And I quote, "Basically what this gets down to is when you get married, you might marry some really really, ridiculously good looking person, that does really really, ridiculously weird things, and you might end up liking it" Well said.

Today I did not do my hair or make dinner, but yesterday I did!

And today I will blog about how last Sunday we popped popcorn and sat around the table eating it and telling stories. Among those stories were ones about Daddy's little lamb Pokeeno that he fed when he was a youngster, and about his steering wheel bike that everyone was jealous of.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

who wouldn't be jealous of a steering wheel bike. really.

Lynn said...

Cool pics of your dad!

Strange teacher your son has....but a NICE teacher she seems too. : D

Andrea said...

I thought you must be blogging--I called to talk to you about Something.

Loved the pictures of Brett. Farm kids always look so disreputable. I like that about them.

PS--I just figured out something brilliant. Be excited. Be very excited.

beSlightlyAskew said...

I'm guessing if you were worried you would have taken the kid to school yourself. And in another 70 years or so he can say he had to walk 10 miles in the snow to get to school...

Very odd about the dipping. I like french fries in ice cream and grilled cheese and quesadillas in apple sauce, which Jason thinks is very weird. Whatever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails