Monday, January 5, 2009

today

Some funnies from today:

I was washing cupboards (I know—what’s gotten into me?) while Ethne colored. Then I realized that Ethne was saying “in ear, in ear,” so I looked over to see her sticking a marker into her ear. It was a very beautiful shade of purple.

The bedwetting alarm (aka beeper) we bought for Jethro was pretty cheap-o and Brett fixed it to make it better somehow by soldering two safety pins to it instead of the little clip that often fell off that was originally there. Anyway, we had put all the kids to bed and after several minutes the beeper started going off. We knew that Jethro wasn’t already asleep and the beeper must just be a little haywire, but we’re mean so we went in there and yelled “Jethro! What are you doing?! Why aren’t you going to the bathroom?!” and he was SOOOO funny—he started stuttering “but I’m not…there’s no wet…I don’t feel it…?” Ha ha!

Today I e-mailed my dad and asked him if he had any examples of a Philosophy of Teaching that he could send for Brett to look over before he writes one for a job application (cause what’s the use of having a Dean of Education for a dad if he doesn’t help you out with education-type-stuff once in a while?). He e-mailed me back and said, “Heres mine(attached) -- another that I often use is --line all the students up against the wall & shoot them. Take your pick. FOG (Fat Old Geezer)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Okay....this post CLEARLY shows that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. : D Too funny!

Polly said...

Those bed wetting alarms are generally crap (even the expensive ones). My patients who have tried them find the whole family awake and the kid is still sound asleep and wet. Sadly the best cure is time. Until his body matures enough to make the hormone that concentrates urine at night he will wet the bed (or until he sleeps lighter and is awakened by the urge to go). There is an artificial hormone that will do the job but most pediatricians don't want to prescribe it too often for kids under 12- just use it for sleep overs and camp and stuff like that. Anyways he will grow out of it- when his body is ready. He isn't old enough to worry yet. This is usually genetic so which one of you was the bed wetter? Sorry that was way too much information but I spout off every now and then and can't be stopped. I am sure your pediatrician already went over most of this with you. ( ps- I am Becky's sister and Andrea's friend)

Related Posts with Thumbnails