Saturday, November 22, 2008

WINNER and some stuff

Sorry it took me so long to post the winner--I meant to last night but Brett wanted to go to bed early since he was getting up early to go hunt for deer. He did not shoot any deer, but that's beside the point.

By the way, I did pick a winner by random luck-of-the-draw, I just wanted to wring you for all the sucking-up I could get. :)

And the winner is......duh duh duh DUUUUHHH...... Hanah!!!!! Mother of three cuties and wife of a pilot. We've never met, but she's a friend of my sister Kami's, and she has a fun blog, which I'd link for you except it's private, so I don't think it would do much for ya. Anyway, Hanah, you can send me your address if you would like the blanket so I can ship it out.

Thank you everyone for your comments. It made for such a wonderful National Comment on Kayli's Blog Day!!! :) Christy, your haiku was definitely cool--it involved me and the word worship. And I was happy to hear from a few that I didn't even know read my blog! (Nicole, I really can't wait for the day of your blog's unveiling!) Thank you for the embarrassing moments, shameless flattery, offers of chocolate (especially Canadian chocolate!) and general good will. It's too bad I didn't have enough prizes for everyone.

On to the other stuff. There were two things I had meant to say in my 13 things post that I forgot about...oh yes. I was going to say that there's now volleyball at the church every Tuesday night and I've gone twice now and IT IS SO FUN!!!!! Oh, how I LOVE to play volleyball!!!! Honestly, it is so great to play after what seems like years! When we first moved here and I was pregnant with Hazel I used to play with the single's ward. Sigh. I love volleyball.

And the other cool thing I thought you all should know was that when Jethro was at college mentors last Tuesday (an after-school thing with Purdue students he was invited to join), a Big Buddy (not his Big Buddy but another kid's Big Buddy--he was sure to point out) fixed his backpack zipper!!! I thought the zipper was way beyong fixing. I don't know who you are Big Buddy, but I love you!!!

And here's some fun pictures. I have taken a TON of pictures this month. More than usual--and the month is not over yet--we still have what I'm sure will be a fun-filled weekend with Aunt Kami and Uncle Leo this week!!! Woohoo!



See, I told you that Brett starts to read a book and then falls asleep every single night!
And here was some excitement for the day. A bat came into the space between the door and the screen door of our garage. Brett apparently woke me up in the morning yesterday to ask me if I wanted to see the bat. He says that I said (or moaned, he asserts) no, but I have no recollection of that. Anyway, we went out and saw it after Brett came home, and we just left it there for the night because Brett and Jethro decided to build a nest for it the next day. Brett thinks it is hibernating.
So when Brett touched it with his glove to pick it up to move it to it's nest, this is what it did. Scary eh? Especially with the really freaky hissing that it made as well.
Now you can see how small the bat is. It's the little brown thing in the bottom left corner. Such a small thing to make such a big man afraid! Just kidding. Anyway we did get it moved to its new home.And that's all I've got.

10 comments:

Ginger said...

Yikes!!! I am not a fan of bats. I've never seen one up close before. Thanks, it's all (and more) what I've ever thought a bat could be. Yuck.

Gigi said...

One night when my sister and I were in our sleeping bags on top of the house boat at Lake Powell a bat flew right between our faces - which were only inches apart! It freaked us out so much that we pulled our blankets up over our heads and only left our faces out so we could keep talking to each other. Ewww. It gives me the creeps just to think about it.

beSlightlyAskew said...

I would so start freakin' out if I was standing there with a camera and a bat started hissing at me. You're very brave to stay and get the shot.

Lynn said...

YIKES!

I remember an old boyfriend taking me over to an old house of theirs across the road from their new house.

Unbeknownst to him or ANYONE.....the ENTIRE doorway had become a nesting place for a BAZILLION bats for the winter!!!

HE opened up the screen door and out flew all these bats into our faces! I never screamed so LOUD and long in my life.

That pic of your bat hissing...brought it all back. : (

Tracy said...

crazy bat, but watch out for rabies!

Rachael said...

hey cool! I have some students this semester working with College Mentors to redesign their promotional materials.

Hanah said...

I was soo suprised to see I had won!! YEAH!! Thanks!!

That bat is extremely scary!!! I would have been screaming and jumping and running away!! Good for you all for helping him out! :D

nicole said...

Kayli,

But my blog is unveiled! Have you seen it? It's themps(dot)blogspot (dot)com. Come and check me out. It's still a work in progress though.

Miss you!
Nicole

Chris said...

Wow, you guys are brave. We had one at Purdue Village, but I didn't handle it. The staff came to get it, and the bat put its fangs way into the guy's glove... mmmm, yummy! Hope all is well with your family.

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

wow you know what would happen if a bat flew in are house? ok hears the girls aaaaaaaahhhhhh! eww! eww! and hears the boys- ..........................cool! but actuly I would have thought it cute well withought teath. Someone I know discribes them as huge huge fruit flies destinee

Related Posts with Thumbnails