Tuesday, November 4, 2008

21 things for today

This is Talmage practicing his intimidating glare. Pretty good.
  1. I really hate that moment in the morning when you’re in bed, mostly asleep, but you know that you really have to wake up, there is no more pretending that you can’t hear your kid(s) crying, and you have to take the plunge and come back to the real world. After that moment, it’s okay, but that one moment is really awful.
  2. It’s even more awful when it’s cold in your house and you have to leave your warm cocoon of blankets.
  3. In fact, there’s even a comic strip cut out and taped to the inside of one of the kitchen cupboards at my mom and dad’s house that has my name written on it and pointing to Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes, obviously). His mom is shaking him and trying to get him up and he says “I’m not coming out until it’s as warm out there as it is in here.”
  4. There are lots of other comics taped up on the inside of the cupboards with all sorts of names written in.
  5. In fact, when I went to Utah there was a new one up on the fridge with my name on it. It was a Zits, and the teenage guy (I think his name is Jeremy?) is lying out on his roof looking up at the stars, and his mom is leaning out of the window and says “Don’t you have a history paper due?” and Jeremy/Kayli says “Just putting it in perspective.” My dad clipped this one out for me because of how very frequently I would go out on the roof and chill when I was younger. It was very pleasant at night. Of course, I wasn’t supposed to, but you know.
  6. On Sunday we forgot to turn our clocks back, and ended up at church an hour early. Oops. We blame it on the fact that we got used to Indiana never changing for Daylight Savings, and then switching a couple years ago.
  7. But I confess, we’ve done it before. When we lived in Utah.
  8. Better an hour early than late.
  9. We took family pictures yesterday---I CAN’T wait to see them!!!
  10. Far too few people hand out chocolate candy at Halloween.
  11. Jethro was on a joke-telling kick last night. Things like, “What do you call a witch at the beach? A sand-witch!” He had a ton of them—it got pretty funny.
  12. Then I told the funny joke, “What does a fish say when he runs into a brick wall?” and Brett said, “Dam” and then Jethro kept repeating it (cause EVERY joke was really funny to him by this time) and I thought, what in the world was I thinking? But I was kindof trying not to laugh too.
  13. Also for some reason last night, Jethro said to Brett (first as part of a joke) “I fear you.” And all the rest of the night Brett and I kept saying “I fear you!”
  14. I like numbering my comments because you really don’t have to have any preface or transitions—you can just randomly say whatever you want.
  15. On Saturday I went to a baptism for a boy in our ward and played the piano, and then spent the rest of the day running errands. We went to a bunch of stores picking up things for Ethne’s birthday and the family pictures, etc.
  16. Taking three kids with you on your ‘quick’ errands is ridiculous.
  17. At the baptism, we came in a little early and the family was practicing singing “I like to look for rainbows’ (I don’t think that’s the title, but you know what I’m talking about), and Jethro looked at me with a big smile and said, “That’s my song! I love that song!” and it’s true. Whenever I sing to the kids before they go to sleep (which is not all too frequently I confess), he always picks that one.
  18. Also at the baptism, a guy was giving the talk on the Holy Ghost and he started talking about how easy it is to get distracted, and how easily things drown out the still, small voice, and another guy in the congregation suddenly started playing his violin really loudly and the speaker kept speaking but you could hardly hear him. The violin player was sitting right in front of me and I’ll tell you, it shocked me when he started playing! I thought it was a cool little lesson.
  19. When you were a kid did you ever try to be a spy and sneak around your brothers and sisters and see how close you could get to them without them knowing you were there? My brother Wyatt did it ALL the time, and we always yelled “I know you’re there Wyatt!!”
  20. I don’t have anything I HAVE to do today except pick up a cd from the hospital of Talmage’s ultrasound to take with us to the doc tomorrow, but I really SHOULD do lots of housecleaning. The place is a mess. We need less stuff or more room or both.
  21. A friend at church came up to me when I was holding Talmage and said something like, “So, is he for sale?” and I said, “Well, everything’s for sale if the price is right.” And he said, “Oh, I’d give you $25,000 easy.” I said, “Hmm, that’s tempting, I’ll talk to Brett about it.” But when I told the kids at dinner time they all voted to keep Talmage. So I guess we won’t sell.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

fun randomness.
love that hat.
I agree with the chocolate- way too many chips out there. yuck. give me the chocolate!

Tracy said...

i enjoy your randomness, thanks for sharing. i might try the number list some time

Lynn said...

No. 5 - Colby has that exact comic cut out too! He put it up on his bulletin board in his room...which surprised me...cause that means he is admitting to it being HIM! : D

No. 6- We've done that too. *sigh*

No. 10 - Oh, I don't know about that. They could just hand out chocolates and nothing but. We throw way too much candies out. Sure wish it was all JUST chocolate.

Megan said...

Cute pics as always. I was way sad about how our pictures turned out adn I am debating if it is worth it to get everybody all dressed up again or not. Loved your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails