Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy 2nd Ethne!!!

Ethne turned 2 yesterday, but we celebrated today. Here's Daddy lighting the candles--oooh, the excitement!

Here's a close-up of the cake I made and decorated. I do have to admit that my cakes were way flat, and I wanted a taller cake, so I put them on top of an upside-down cake pan and iced it so it looked like it was part of the cake. I'm a genius.She was very excited for her cake. In fact, she saw it before we ate dinner, and all during dinner she was crying for her "birday! birday!"
For some reason, the really "fancy" (Hazel's word) party hat I made her wouldn't stay on. Ruff. So you'll see in every picture her hand messing with it, trying to get it to stay up. Ruff.
Yum!! By the way, she really was excited about all this, even though she wouldn't smile for any of the pictures. Ruff.
Opening the present....who's the most excited--Ethne, Jethro, or Hazel?
Me playing with my CUTE boy!
Talmage, pretending he's a big 2-year-old. You can't fool us, you little trickster!
Playing with her farm (which I bought at a garage sale earlier in the summer). It was really cute when the little music came on she started dancing, and then everyone started laughing at her, so then she went a little crazy and fell back on the floor in a spasm. Silly girl.

She got to stay up a little bit later than the other kids, and she played with some food toys for a while, pouring me milk, and giving me a waffle when I asked for one. Then she started singing the clean-up song from nursery, which sounds like "Neen up, neen up," and put them all away in the bag they belong in. Then she said, "Room?" because they go in Jethro and Hazel's room. So I said yes, and she put it on her shoulder, walked down the hall and pushed open the door and put the bag away (and Hazel started yelling "Go out Ethne! We need to go to sleep!") and then she came back, and before she went out blew several kisses to Jethro and Hazel, pulled the door closed after her and walked back. It was so cute. I was thinking, just because you have a birthday you think you're entirely grown up? Cute girl. Here she is in bed ready to go to sleep.

And the cutest boy EVER.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ethne!

Kayli, you ARE a genius! That cake looks awesome!

Kristi said...

what a cute hat! and the cake looks delish. funny about the cake pan. good thinking.

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday Ethne! The cake looked awesome, Kayli. You are a genius. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails