Thursday, November 6, 2008

I love Talmage!

Just in case I haven't yet made it perfectly clear how much I love this little bear cub, and shown how cute he is, here are some more pictures to sigh over.
Look at these grins! Actually, I can't ever seem to get it right when his smile is at his best--it's always difficult to try to elicit the smile and capture it at the same time. But you get the gist.

I love these ones of him in the hat. Shows his


So sweet!
The poor boy went to the doc yesterday and she declared that fixing his hernias was necessary. So he's scheduled for surgery next week. But he's tough, so he can take it.

Brett got the movie "Courage Mountain" from the library the other day so we all laid down in the front room and started watching it together. It was really quite fun, watching it together. We never watch movies all together. And it's a darn good movie; I've liked it for as long as I can remember. Good story, funny lines ("This is not a proper topic of conversation!"), girl hooks up with hot older guy, who also happens to be a hero and save her life. Good times. I recommend it for family viewing. Only, buy some popcorn before you do, because I really would have liked to have some while we watched, but our cupboards were bare.

My kitchen floor is decidedly the most disgusting it's ever been. I blame it on the fact that there are carpet remnants and carpet padding on it, which do not have a home. Yes, I probably could move them elsewhere while I mopped and then move them back, but that would be far too sensible. However, I did vacuum the car today. Thank you, thank you.

My oldest sister Megan always snaps my bra strap whenever I come to visit. Some things never change.

Why when you go to the bakery at the grocery stores do they offer free cookies to kids and not adults?

Well, I'm off to cut my husband's hair. Which reminds me of something funny. I was cutting Jethro's hair earlier this evening, and whenever I cut his hair he strips down to his underwear, and when I was finished and brushing all the hair off him I told him to brush off his underwear. And he started saying "my hairy underweary," and thought he was hilarious. And it kind of was.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Kayli come to minot, they give free cookies to the adults too!!

Deanna said...

Just an FYI on Hernia repair. The recovery is not bad at all.... Samuel had to have testicle surgery ( they were herniated within in abdomen) in conjuction with a belly button hernia repair. He was on strong pain meds and was fine after 3-4 days! However, his belly button hernia which was repaired at the end of May is now back :( and the doctor says that they can not repair it with needed mesh until he is older. Good luck to your little guy! Deanna

Lynn said...

Oh he will do fine. Our little man had a double hernia and they did the mesh thing too. It was like he hadn't had anything wrong in the first place. I love the stitching the doc did. HE is GOOD! Sewed from the inside out and now there aren't even any scars! Only pics to prove the surgery.

Talmage sure is a cutie.

Thanks for the movie tip. We've been looking for a good one lately.

Christal said...

your right he is the cutest little boy ever love the pics! Good luck with the surgery and all that not fun eh! Fun movie idea I forgot about that one I used to watch that one long ago! Well have a great weekend! ttys

Anonymous said...

Talmage is so cute! I totally know what you mean about trying to get them to smile and capturing it at the same time... :)

I'm glad his surgery went well!

Oh, and I'm not planning to be at the church this week, but I do need to get out to Jo-Ann's fabric sometime this week, so I'll call you when I do... Oh wait, I will be at the Craft Day on Saturday, will you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails