Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sad story and misc.

Here are some pictures of my youngest brother Ethan playing football. He's a senior at his highschool, which I can't remember the name of right now. Here's a video of a few highlights too, iffen you're interested: Ethan's highlights

Wow--look at those muscles!!

If you know my family, you might have already read on my sisters' blogs that he got tackled and tore his MCL, so he's out for the count. So sad! He had a couple college football scholarships ready to go. But he's a punk, he can take it. Then again, he could end up like:

Uncle Rico: Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
Kip: Are you serious?
Uncle Rico: I'm dead serious.
How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Yeah... if Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Uncle Rico: So what do you think?
Kip: It's pretty cool, I guess.
Uncle Rico: Ohhhh, man I wish I could go back in time. I'd take state.
Napoleon Dynamite: This is pretty much the worst video ever made.
Kip: Napoleon, like anyone can even know that.
Uncle Rico: You know what, Napoleon? You can leave.
Napoleon Dynamite: You guys are retarded!

Just kidding. We love you Ethan (not that you're reading this or anything)!! In fact, just the night before his injury, Jethro was in the tub playing with some tub paints that Ethne was given for her birthday from Grandma Bell , and he said, "Put a 3 on my chest! I want to be Uncle Ethan! A football player!" (Ethan's number is 3.)

In other news, I had a pretty productive day. I made bread, did dishes, finished all the laundry, changed sheets on everyone's bed, bought a new vacuum, and bought a new pair of glasses. But do you think that I have mopped my disgusting floor yet? No siree bob.
Brett was home all day, which is a pretty rare treat, and helped the kids do their chores and played with them and helped me and changed the oil in the car. It was a good day.

It turned very cold and wintery. Waaah! Dark and dreary, just like all the other winter days in Indiana. So here's a song to play to make the coming of winter a little more poetic:
Summer Again
Really, go listen--it's a *beautiful* song.


And here's a picture of Talmage and Jethro at about 3 months. Brothers? I think so. (Although Talmage certainly wins the hair-growing contest.)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Kate, you really shouldn't have posted that pic of Jethro. While Timothy and I enjoyed the whole post--something about Jethro's scrawniness made me want to race to your house and feed him cream. Or something else fattening.

Lynn said...

THat just utterly sucks for your brother. That one pic of him sure shows how rough and hard he plays. That is one MAJOR cut down his shin. Ewww! I feel so bad about his losing out on his scholarships.

Thanks for the song link....it IS beautiful!

Megan said...

Kayli that is what bra straps were made for - didn't you know? What kind of vacuum did you end up buying? SOunds like you did get lots accomplished. My kitchen floor is disgusting too - I am low and energy and have postponed it for awhile too. Cute pics. I can't believe how much Jethro and Talmage do look alike - it surprised me -

Related Posts with Thumbnails