Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday 13 stuff

1. These pictures are so cute. And don't you love the new collages you can do with Picasa? If you haven't updated to their new version, do it! There's some cool new stuff.2. I took pictures of Jethro yesterday because he hasn't had a good send-to-grandma picture for a while. They turned out very cute. And Jethro was so cooperative! Yahoo!
3. I especially love the mustache ones which I showed yesterday. I could honestly die laughing looking at those.

4. Yesterday was fun. When Jethro got home from school Hazel asked him if he would play stoy (store) with her and he said sure. So they played for a little while so nicely. Makes a mother so happy.
5. Later, Hazel was playing Library with me and I was the librarian, and she said, "Can you be my mudda? Because my mudda died. I'm an oyphan." So I told her I would be, and I asked her what happened to her mother, and she said somebody killed her. I asked how, and she said "They took a knife and poked hoy." And I asked why, and she said, "Cause they thought she was mean." Interesting game, Hazel. 6. This is all the kids last night after baths in their fuzzy p.j.'s.
7. Talmage is soooo happy these days. He's got smiles galore. This one just happens to be in a bonnet. You all have pictures of your baby boys in bonnets, right?
8. Hazel's so girly. It's almost worrisome. Well, not really, but she only likes pink, princessy, girly things and that's it. No exceptions. When I was little I hated pink.
9. Last night I had a dream that I was dead and this guy--an angel?-- was trying to get me to go to heaven, but I didn't want to go with him, so then he took me to hell, where burning logs were hurtling down from the sky towards me. Then he said, "This is the alternative." After that I went to heaven with him. Weird dream.
10. Jethro is a funny guy. He's so into ixl.com right now. His teacher had to pay, I believe, to get the class set up, but it's a site where you practice math and earn medals and stuff. He's very competitive and wants to have the most medals in his class. When he got to 25 medals, he got a recorder for a prize from his teacher. Today he got a prize for getting to 50 medals and it's a little wooden tic-tac-toe game with black and white marbles. He's in heaven.
11. I can now play Hot Cross Buns on the recorder.
12. The picture above and below are my favorites from the shoot yesterday. I can't decide which I like the best. What do you think?



13. I think I did a bad thing. Well, not SO bad. I cut Talmage's hair. I know--how could I?! But it was getting to that stage where it's really long on top and short on the sides and back. So I took the clippers to it, but I wasn't expecting it to be as short as it ended up. Brett says maybe his nickname could be 'Butch' or 'Sarge.' After I gave him the haircut I was like, "Who's this kid?" because his hair is a different color underneath--lighter and a little more reddish--and of course, he's always had really long hair. Anyway, he's still the cutest boy ever, as you can see.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

No. 13 - Oh he will ALWAYS be cute!!

Brooke said...

I like the one under #12. But they are both great!

Tracy said...

I like the top one of Jethro-the lighting just gives him such a sweet (but boyish sweet) look. Beautiful pictures, all of them!

Andrea said...

I like the bottom one of Jethro--just such a happy face. Talmage is still adorable--but I miss his hair.

Miriam and Hazel can both be princesses together. Today, Emeline was sitting in the high chair (I was trying to keep her uninvolved with school) playing with some toy castle figurines. She kept saying, "Hi, princess." It was adorable--I wish I knew how to tape it for you. You'd love it.

Kristi said...

his hair still looks good.
those moustache pictures are too funny. I like the back ground of the top picture, and the lighting in the bottome one. crazy.

Steve and Katrina said...

I LOVE those pictures of Jethro. So handsome and cute.

I can't believe you cut Talmage's hair!! He's still cute though.

Ethne is looking so old and even more adorable. Her hair is so long in those pigtails.

The Holdaway's said...

I like the second pic of Jethro - he's so grown up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails