Friday, June 27, 2008

Some things that make happy

This little girl always makes me happy. Because she's so cute.

Peas from my garden make me happy. I never try to serve them for a meal or anything. I just pick all the big ones, divide them up between me and the kids and eat them out of the shell. (Brett doesn't like them because they make his throat itch. How sad.)


Making this cute skirt was really fun and exciting! I have my sister's sewing machine sitting in my front room, waiting for her to come get it, and I also saw on a friend's blog some cute things that she made, so I got the sewing itch. I looked around a bit and found two tutorials. Here 's the one for the hat, and here's the one for the skirt.

Obviously, the hat is a bit much with that huge flower on it, but it's just kinda fun and the flower matches the red flowers on the skirt.

The tutorial for the skirt is from a woman who's a fabric designer, and her skirts were sooo sooo cute. When I went to pick out material I wanted to make three skirts to use different fabric. Anyway, I have enough leftover fabric and stuff for probably another skirt, if anyone wants to buy it -and all the coordinating stuff like flower and ric rak-off of me. Anyway, turned out pretty fun. I couldn't wait to try it on her today and take pictures of course.

The hat was a little trickier to make--Brett had to help me figure out the directions at one spot. So if anyone makes it, I could explain it easier to you.

Another happy thing is that my sister Kami and her family are on her way to visit me right now! Woohoo!!!!

Not so happily, I have a *D*I*S*A*S*T*E*R* of a house to clean before she gets here. Well, I'm off to see the wizard. Have a good weekend.

I thought this last picture would make a cool poster. At least I had fun messing with it. ;)

7 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

I LOVE that hat and skirt!! I need to get back into sewing. I haven't even unpacked all my craft stuff yet. TO answer your question about a new post......ummm, I'll think about it:) j/k, I have a recipe or two to put up. It is just that I have to find the energy to upload my pictures and type it up. Sorry, I promise it will be soon!

Andrea said...

Both so CUTE!! And the hat is most emphatically NOT a bit too much. Perfect. Loved it. Make matching ones for Emeline and Ethne. I'll give you $2. Or make matching ones for Miriam and Emeline and I'll give you more than that. We'll have to talk.

Ginger said...

I'm jealous about the peas from your garden. I planted my garden a little late...and I'm hoping that the early summer stuff will make it and give me some good stuff in a couple more weeks.

Kris said...

You always find THE CUTEST skirts to make!!! I really need to try that sometime. We picked some cherries from my in-laws house yesterday and I wish I had my camera b/c I LOVED the way it looked with all the little cherries dangling off the branches. It reminded me of Mary Engelbreight. Loved those pictures!

florascrap said...

Hey there...how much for a skirt for my Gracie? She wears a size 3 (not 3T..she's out of diapers). Do you have enough fabric left to make two for Andrea and one for me? :)

Twylla Gibbens said...

Those are the cutiest hats! I have been looking for something cute to make my kids for the forth of July. I hope you don't mind if I copy becouse those are really cute.

Lynn said...

I don't think the hat is a bit much at all! It's a perfect outfit together. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails