Monday, June 9, 2008

hi

This is how Jethro and Hazel are sleeping right now. They have gotten into sleeping on the floor (from one night right before we turned on the AC, when Jethro turned on the fan and slept in front of it). But today they built this little structure and wanted to sleep in it. Obviously it's not really big enough for both of them. But fun activity right? Well, yeah, except for enormous contention caused by whether or not it should be called a 'fort' or a 'castle.' Hazel came into the kitchen really mad saying, "He's not making it pretty!" And I told her to tell Jethro to come talk to me, and I told them they had to cooperate, and decide together how to build it. They came back a few minutes later still arguing. Hazel said, "He wants it to be a fort, but I want a pretty castle." And Jethro said, "It is pretty, it has a blanket on it. But I want to call it a fort." Oh, the hardship.

And here's Ethne after eating one of the chocolate brownies with chocolate icing I made. Yum yum.




And these are two of the pictures Jethro made today on the computer's Paint program. My favorite part is what he names them when he makes me save them. The first one is 'The Tallest Mountain in the World' and the next one is 'The Night that Turned Into Space.' There was another one he did that was called 'The Thunderous Night.' Very impressive.

5 comments:

MerryPair said...

I am actually quite impressed with Jethro's artistic ability! The kid has a billion talents!
Drew was pretty serious last night about wanting to come visit you guys this year some time...

Christina said...

Wow! Impressive artwork and creative fort/castle building skills!

The Haws Family said...

I don't know Jessica. I came to visit them, and they didn't even come to see me. Cute pictures though Kate!

Lynn said...

Oh to be a kid again. I am impressed at how creative they ALL are in their thinking......and when things get rough.....give them a good chocolate treat. Very creative mommy too! : D

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Jethro's art work looks like something you'd see in a modern art gallery - maybe he's already found his calling in life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails