Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 4 - Zoo and Memorials&Monuments

The next day we went to the zoo. We saw a ton of animals. It was really cool. Hazel got the runs however, so we had to run back and forth between bathrooms often. We decided that we should have taken pictures of every restroom we used on our trip--given a restroom tour of D.C. It would have been awesome, but we didn't think of it until it was too late. A particularly good picture would have been the time we just got off the metro, and it was after 5:00, so all the federal buildings were closed, so Brett picked up Hazel and sprinted down the street to find one that was open. Good times. Also, Ethne had a blowout, and we were unprepared with extra pants, so you'll see she was in just a diaper for the latter part of the day.











This collage is for you, Ands.

World War II Memorial.


A nice guy took our picture by Indiana.
I think that is a funny picture. Brett was trying to get the Washington Monument behind us, but the kids were NOT cooperating. Ha ha.
And here's the Lincoln Memorial.






And some of the War Memorials --Vietnam and Korean I think.








Then lastly, my feet were KILLING by this time, we went to the Jefferson Memorial. I was glad we went. It was cool.



5 comments:

Andrea said...

You saw a panda and lion in real life!!!! Sweet!! Also--the seals were fabulous. Reminded me that REALLY need to get our book finished. ASAP. Before the arrival of Baby Boy Bell.

Kris said...

It looks like you packed A LOT of stuff in in a short amount of time, but that you had lots of fun! I can't believe you went camping while being so pregnant! What a good sport! I would love to go to DC, but maybe when the kids are older. That's too funny that you had to pay to see the temple - definitely a sign of it NOT being owned by the LDS Church! :) I think the gardens would have been my favorite place too!

Anonymous said...

So great that you made it to the zoo. Isn't the panda exhibit great? And I cannot believe you made it to all the monuments.

You packed a lot into one day!

Jane

Joanne said...

what a cool vacation! I love the first picture. reminds me of the one I took here in Brooks with my kids and you said I should go with flippers and snorkles and take fun pictures. looks like you had fun!

Lynn said...

Holy! You guys sure did a lot on your road trip. Too bad about the kids having the runs. My goodness....now I can see why you only gain baby weight. Run Run Run.....here and there.
Thanks for the pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails