Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saddest story ever.

So, once upon a time, I was looking at all the cool earrings women were starting to wear, thinking I should start wearing some snazzier earrings, since the only thing I have worn since high school was teeny little hoops. But, even after admiring other's earrings for a long time, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I even bought a pair that I really liked, but took them back. I don't know why, but for some reason, spending money on earrings isn't easy for me. And then, I wasn't used to anything but teeny earrings. But, at swimming lessons I was looking at all the moms there, and I realized that we're all wearing close to the same things...capris and a shirt. But the ones who looked a bit nicer, a bit more stylish, were those with cute earrings. Plus, you can buy earrings when you're pregnant and they fit. So, I overcame my fear and bought myself some earrings. I really liked them and felt snazzy all day (see pictures).

Then last night at Wal-Mart, I realized one was no longer in my ear. I back-tracked for awhile, but wasn't even sure it had fallen out in the store. So yes, I already lost my new spiffy earring. Sniff sniff sniff.
In other news, the kids have LOVED swimming lessons. Jethro is sooo enthusiastic for everything. And here he is playing with his new goggles. Also, a very exciting development is that he has a loose tooth!


Last weekend, Brett went down with some other men in the ward to help clean up flood damage in a city about two hours away. So he was gone all Sat and Sun, and we were glad to get him back.

I don't know why my text is acting like this, but it's annoying me, so that's all for now. Hazel's birthday is Friday, so we're gearing up for that.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You earrings were cute! I love funky earrings and the best part to me is you can find really fun ones in the clearence section for like $2, so you feel accessorized without spending a ton of money. Sorry it didn't stick around long :)

Kristi said...

cute earrings. maybe I should venture into the cute earring world! cute tummy, and cute kids, of course!

Steve and Katrina said...

You should have told me you wanted earrings because I'm sure I could have found some I don't wear anymore and given them to you. Bummer! I will say if you go to Gordman's, I always found clearance ones for $2-3. That way you won't feel so bad spending money on them.

I miss Indiana.....I wish we didn't have to move but I'm glad I can keep updated on your blog though:) Ethne is so stinkin' cute!

Lynn said...

Çute MOM! Cute belly! Cute earrings! Yup I love earrings too. Especially cheap ones. When inexpensive, I don't cry too much about losing one or breaking one.. So sad though that you already lost one in such a short time. I would have cried then...they are SO cute. Glad you got a picture though.

Your swim pics are awesome. The goggles in the tub are hilarious.

Ginger said...

I bet if you would have been in Target you wouldn't have lost it.

I feel like I'm going through the same thing. (Looking at others and wondering how I can be as cute as them...and I discover it's because they carry a purse, or they're wearing a necklace.) I'm helpless in this area.

florascrap said...

Very cute earrings...sorry you lost one! Cute kiddos as well, of course. Happy Birthday to Hazel today! :)

Christal said...

look how cute you are little pregnant earring wearing girl you are so cute!!! I'm a cheap earring hoop wearer love em!!

Kris said...

Yes, I noticed your cute earrings at Morgan's party (and Hazel's too!) but didn't think about commenting on them (sorry!). I definitely loved them and I if I don't wear earrings when I'm going somewhere I feel naked! They are definitely part of my wardrobe! But I too will only get them on clearance or sale. So sorry to hear you lost one! Isn't that just SO FRUSTRATING!!!!????? I HATE when something new gets lost, ruined, or broken - especially when you REALLY love it! Maybe you can find some more soon!

Anonymous said...

Kayli -
THe kids and I just finished getting caught up on all the pictures and stories and we loved it. My kids want to play with your kids so could you please come visit??? SOrry about the earring - but I thought it was going to be traumatic like some kid pulled on it and tore your earlobe. Have a good day. (PS I'll get a blog if you create it for me!!))
Megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails