Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two posts in one day...how exciting!

So, many of you expressed interest in making one of the tote bags that I showed earlier on my blog. I was going to get back to you, but then I was talking to Katrina (the one who showed/helped/almost made it for me) and I said she should do an online tutorial, since she had been teaching so many people. And she did! cause she's awesome! So...here you go. Yay! Thanks, Katrina.

And, I have been going to post this recipe for awhile, because I tried it and liked it so much. So the recipe card has been sitting here by the side of my computer for a long time, and I really need to get it put away, so here it is.

Mandarin Orange and Almond Salad
Ingredients:
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBsp lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 cup veg oil
1 head romaine lettuce, torn
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 red onion, thinly sliced

Heat small skillet, melt sugar and cook until lightly browned. Stir in almonds and coat with carmelized sugar. Remove and spread on waxed paper and allow to cool. Combine next five ingredients, beat in oil. Toss with lettuce, oranges, onion, and almonds (break apart). Toss with dressing.

I LOVE the carmelized almonds!! Soo soooo good. Very good summery salad. I give it 3 stars (out of three).

My two latest favorite songs are 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's and 'We Belong Together' by Gavin DeGraw. Just in case you were interested in what I'm listening to.

I must go fix the bread I made this morning. I went out to see if it was ready to make into loaves and realized I had left out the yeast. I *HATE* hate HATE! when I do that. Ruff.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yum. I definatley need to try that salad. and I LOVE both of those songs. One of the radio stations in SL have been playing a version the Plain White T's recorded while visiting them that goes, "hey there delilah what's it like in Salt Lake City? I'm a thousand miles away, But girl tonight you look so pretty, Yes you do Temple Square can't shine as bright as you". So there's your random info for the day :)

Steve and Katrina said...

I tried that salad last night and it was very tasty. Too much dressing for jsut me and Steve though so next time I think I will put less oil. Also, we don't like onions so I didn't put those in. My favorite was the almonds. I always wondered how to make nuts like that and now I know. I think I might try making sugar coated peanuts now!

Way to go Ethne!! That is impressive. Has she started liking solids yet? I am still trying to get Chandler to eat them. He is starting to get a tiny bit better but not much. I am sick of getting up at night to feed him and I think if he ate solids he would be fuller and not wake up. Who knows? Anyway, hope Indiana is great- we miss everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails