Thursday, March 15, 2007

The crafty bug bit me!


So, I was totally crafty these last two days!! I made the tutu after seeing a bunch of people making them. It was really easy...just tie strips of tulle to an elastic. I had to show you pictures, but I couldn't pick just one...so you get to see a bunch!! (Although I am pretty mad at Brett (not really) because when he was messing around with MY camera the other day he put it to low resolution and I didn't realize it until AFTER I took all these pics. Ruff!)

Also, as promised, some [more] pictures of Hazel in blue dress with matching barrette!

I just have to say that Ethne has gotten to the CUTEST stage. She is still so little, but much more alert and happy and smiley and squishy and huggable and cute. Oooh, I just can't get enough of her. The picture isn't the greatest, but it shows my favorite outfit of hers.

Have you ever noticed how housework gets in the way of doing fun things? Unless, that is, you choose not to DO housework, but then you have to live in a pigsty. Fortunately for me, I can pretend not to notice that for a quite a long time. Don't tell my mom!
Well, I walked by Gymboree in the mall the other day and I looked into it as I passed. That was a bad move, as I saw THE cutest little girls' brown cowboy hat with flowers on it with these cute outfits that matched. They were SOOO cute...to die for. I put the cowboy hat on Hazel and it was so cute. I think I've already mentioned that I'm a sucker for cute hats. I'm also a sucker for cowboy hats. (I SOOOO WISH my husband would get one for himself cause I think he looks SOOO hot in them, but alas, so far he has not yielded to my pleas.) Anyway, I showed fortitude and did not shell out a ton of money that I do not have for this. I shed a few tears though. Anyway, just thought I would share. Normally when I do not buy something I forget about it within minutes. This time, I must tell you all so as to hopefully get it out of my system.
Okay, here's the deal. Because I am for the moment so excited about making those cute little barrettes, I will throw one out there for the lucky winner. All you have to do is write a comment with a favorite quote about whatever you'd like by whomever, and I will pick a winner from a hat on Mon. or Tues. or Wed. and you will get a barrette in the mail! This means I get to satisfy a little curiosity about who's reading my blog (although I think I know most everybody, but I have been surprised before) and you get a chance for a goodie. I know not all of you have little girls, but most everybody knows a little girl, or you could wear it yourself!

8 comments:

Kerry said...

Kayli! Don't even bother drawing a winner. Just pick me, since I am the first one to post, and I will have the best quote anyway.

Since I have had one of those days today, I was talking to my mom and she told me to pray that things will go the way I want them to. I told her that sometimes it seems like when I do pray for something specific like that (like, please let Logan not wake uup for at least 30 more minutes...and then he comes walking in my room 2 seconds later.)that Heavenly Father decides he wants to play a mean joke on me. So, my quuote is from "The Little Rascals" movie when Alfalfa says something like this:

" And then God opened up the heavens and said: I hate you Alfalfa."

I often feel like that is what happens to me on days like today!

Please, pick me! Pick me!

Heather S. said...

Here's my quote. It's by Lynn Gordon. "Simplify your emotional life by clearing out old baggage. Resolve what you can, accept the unresolveable, and get rid of anything else. There are enough self-help books, how-to audio tapes, and trained professionals out there to make dragging unresolved emotional reckage around a personal choice, not a neccessity. At least recognize and accept that you're making that choice."

This quote is long, but it helps me remember that I don't have to be an emotional wreck as long as I am making the choices and am in control of my own life.

Kristi said...

hmmm. a quote- I will quote Ferris Bueller- cause I love him-"how did you get to be so cute? his mom asks him- he says "years of practice"
pick me! I want to see those cute barrettes up close and personal!

The Haws Family said...

I will write, just so you know I'm reading your blog, but you already know that. I don't want the barrette though. Here's my quote:
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few chewed and digested. Francis Bacon.
Lindsay(by the way I just read two fabulous books, and now I feel somewhat sheephish for spending a whole day reading, and even though its Spring Break, I'll have to do some homework this afternoon.)

MerryPair said...

Ok, so I just barely heard this quote and thought it was fantastic. Some of you may have heard it alerady, but it's great!

Keep it up you crafty little soul!

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't a God, and die to find out there is." – Unknown

Christy said...

I like to try new things. I especially like getting new things in the mail (hint, hint). Anyway, whenever I try something new and I get a compliment my favorite thing to say is...
"Never had one lesson!"

This is also from Ferris Bueller--when he is playing the clarinet. I'm always a little sad that I actually have had lessons playing the clarinet so to use this quote for that would seriously mar my integrity. I wouldn't want to do that.

Eva loves barettes in her afro, btw.

Anonymous said...

I recently saw this quote on a lo that I want to scraplift. You might have seen it, b/c it was by sara*w "You can date the evolving life of a mind, like the age of a tree, by the rings of friendship formed by the expanding central trunk." Would LOVE that cute barrette (hope I'm not too late!)-Kris A

Mary said...

Pick me, pick me! Here's my quote:

"You have to understand that sometimes in life you're the statue and sometimes you're the pidgeon."

I don't know who that's from but I think it's true.

That story about your Mom and the bucket was laugh out loud funny! I always love a good poo story. Keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails