Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summertime

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"The dandelions and buttercups gild all the lawn: the drowsy bee stumbles among the clover tops, and summer sweetens all to me."

- James Russell Lowell

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill, laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
-- Rupert Brooke


Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
- Sam Keen

I celebrate myself, and what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
I loafe and invite my soul,
I lean and loafe at my ease... observing a spear of summer grass.

- Walt Whitman

What a beautiful, sunny morning. It makes you happy to be alive, doesn't it? We can't let the sun
outshine us! We have to beam, too!

- Takayuki Ikkaku



Summertime
And the living is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high

Oh, your daddy's rich
And your mama's good lookin'
So hush little baby now
don't you cry

9 comments:

Kami said...

I loved LOVED your pictures and the quotes. So fun. I love summer.

Lynn said...

Awesome Awesome photos. Perfect quotes to match!
You need to enter these in a magazine submission or contest or something. Maybe for the back of the Church magazines. I don't know. I just think they are that good!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures and quotes- awesome! Do you still scrapbook? I also enjoyed all the pictures of Jethro and first day of school - what a good mom to make a yummy breakfast for him. My kids start tomorrow - they are very excited as well. Megan

The Haws Family said...

Those were awesome Kate. YOu rock my socks off.

Tracy said...

I feel like I just read a really good book. Thanks for all of the fun quotes and pictures, they're all beautiful!

Kris said...

What a great post! Great pictures and quotes. Loved the last one of little Talmage asleep!

Andrea said...

Although I sniff a little at an ode to summer--at least you used Walt, my fav poet. He's the man.

Steve and Katrina said...

Happy Birthday Kayli! Hope you've had a fabulous day.

I love those summer pictures. Such cute kids.

Hanah said...

Beautiful!! I amazed at all the great pictures, and the perfect little summer quotes to go along with them. Great post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails