Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy belated birthday to me.

I meant to write a post quite a while back with lots of interesting anecdotes, but never got to it. And now, I am just very very tired and my husband has been working WAY too much this week which translates into me being crabby and not a very good mom. And the other night I watched this quite dumb but sad movie and I was crying (I do not cry in movies, it's the postpartum hormones I'm telling you) and then Brett came home and I went to talk to him for a little while and I was still kindof crying a little bit, and he was trying to figure out why I was crying, and it was really just because I was tired, and unfortunately watching that movie opened the tear ducts. Anyway, it was fine and Brett told me to go to bed while he did all the dishes, which was so nice, but unfortunately Baby Talmage did not cooperate and stayed awake until 11:00 anyway. Ruff.

But Brett is home now, and will be with me all day tomorrow, so things are happy again. :)

But here are a few of the things I was going to write about (cause I'm sure I've forgotten some of the stuff).

1. It was my birthday on Thursday (the night of the unfortunate crying a little bit incident mentioned above. So Brett was concerned that I was sad because he hadn't done anything for my birthday--but it wasn't that. I knew we were "celebrating" my birthday another day and I was just tired. Anyway.) Guess how old I am. Hint--I was born in 1983.

2. You guessed it! I'm 25. Which is sort of weird, because I remember when I was a teenager and Jared, my oldest brother-in-law turned 25, and I mocked him about being a quarter of a century old. But now, a lot of people that I feel like are my age are nearly 30 or older, so it's not as weird as it once was.

3. The other day Hazel said to me, "Will we live with Heavenly Father and Jesus?" and I said, "Yes, after we die in heaven, if we are good." And she said, "I'll be good." Then she paused for a minute and said, "But what about my shirts that are all different colors?" And I (completely baffled) said, "What do you mean?" And she said, "You can only wear white clothes in heaven."

4. Do you know the movie Master and Commander with Russel Crowe? Well, for the last few months Brett's been reading the books that it comes from (there's about a zillion in the series), and the other night I started reading one to him while he did the dishes, and on the front flap was the awesomest review I've ever seen. It said, "Some of you…have never read a Patrick O’Brian novel. I beseech you to start now. Start with Master and Commander, which should be available in paperback from your nearest bookseller. And if he-or she-does not have a copy then beat the wretched fellow." --Kevin Myers, Irish Times

5. I hate stuff. Remember how I had set a family goal to be more tidy and have counters cleared off and things like that? Well, I've learned that you have to be on top of it constantly or you're done. You have to be clearing off ALL THE TIME for it to ever work. And let me tell you, lately things have piled up around here. A lot of baby stuff that doesn't have a home, mail, school stuff, toys as always, etc. etc. etc. Grrrrrrrr---I want to throw all the STUFF in my entire house away!!!

6. Talmage is two weeks old today. We still love him.

7. When I have a new nursing baby my fingernails are always just hammered. Worse than usual because I sit there feeding the baby and gnawing my nails. I also probably caused several scars because of all my picking at my poison oak. But, bleeding is better than itching, right? (You probably think I'm so gross.)

8. Well, that's all I can think of. I'm off to write the last letter of Andrea's and my book. Andrea finished ALL the edits on her side, so I finish this letter and it's completely done. Is that not soooo exciting? Well, guess I'd better get it done, THEN be excited. But it (the last letter) already has a good start. woohoo.

5 comments:

Maren said...

I always bite my nails when I'm nursing babies, too. Weird.

Lynn said...

Okay. I no longer nurse babies. What's my excuse. : S

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Kayli! So sorry it was a sad one. Hope that when you celebrate it another day, that it's a REALLY good one!!!

Margot Jones, homeowner said...

#5: STUFF. I hate stuff too. It piles up and doesn't have a home. We have too many hobbies and businesses and crap. So my new idea is this: Every so often when the crap is bugging you extra badly, put it in a big box or bin and date it. Put it in the garage or under the bed. After one year whatever is left in the box (which would probably be everything still) throw away. Don't look in the box. Just toss it. Problem solved.

Jerusha said...

I hear ya on the STUFF! I spent all of Saturday cleaning and organizing STUFF so that Sunday would be relaxing and clutter free. By Monday morning you'd never anything had been done. Aurg!!! Mostly it's kids stuff that bugs me. My mother in-law is always giving my kids more and more stuff--enough already, they will love you even if you don't give them things. Even though our condo was small it was so much easier to keep tidy because we were limited on space, so when something came in something also went out. Now with a much bigger house we are overrun by stuff??

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day@!!! Sorry you were hormonal and crying - but that is babies right? Cute pics of Ethne. She is adorable. have a good day!
megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails