Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My husband

There's something about my husband that I didn't really grasp before I married him, and that is that he CAN NOT be idle. It drives him mad. He goes on vacations and spends the whole time working on a car or a biodiesel processor or what have you.

So, in the past week and a half since I've had Talmage and he's been home a little more to 'help' me, he has:

Trimmed/pruned the entire backyard (that's a lot of bushes--and given me poison oak after pulling some out--I'll spare you my rant on how much I HATE that stuff)
Put in mulch around the entire border of the backyard, and put in a brick border for the mulch
Sanded/fixed two doors in the house that have needed it pretty much since we moved here
Bottled some tomatoes from our garden (this was necessary since otherwise they'd have been wasted, but we couldn't find our lids that we knew we had, so in his searching, he pulled out the fridge and was appalled by the grossness behind it, and so had to clean it then and there (which was about 9:30 at night))
Scrubbed all the grout in our kitchen floor
Worked on the car of course, and other misc. things
Here's Hazel and Ethne helping daddy with the mulch bordering. I'm not too sure why Ethne had to be clothesless. She's just crazy.
Don't get me wrong, I love and am proud of Brett's industriousness, and he is the perfect match for me, I just think this list is pretty funny for a week that was supposed to be recuperative. And it was--I obviously didn't really do much with any of these projects, except perhaps keep a few kids out of the way for a little while. But still funny.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW! THat's an amazing list. You are SO lucky to be married to a guy like that.
The pics of the girls helping are hilarious. : D

Marisa May said...

Hey that's just like Russ! Mostly it's great, but sometimes I just want him to relax!

Melissa said...

Hmmm... do you rent him out? I've got some projects at my house that need finished :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails