Thursday, August 7, 2008

a few things

Hazel has had a vicious cold the last few days, and every afternoon she has fallen asleep on the couch. That's pretty amazing for the one who seems to need the least sleep of all our kids. But anyway, I wanted to post this picture because although Jethro has been sporting the milk-band-bracelets for more than a year now, Hazel only recently wanted to do it (for more than an hour or two at a time). So we bought 1% milk (ewwww-the nastiness!) just for her, so she could have a pink bracelet. :)
And in between the days where I have no energy or motivation to do anything whatsoever, I have days that are high-energy/high-motivation, and I do things like make my first receiving blanket. Isn't it cute? Okay, you don't really have to do much at all, pick out the fabric, turn down the edges and sew with a cute zigzag stitch, but still--all my other receiving blankets were received from others. I was sewing it when my sister Amy called, and she said, "So, you're pretty convinced that it's a boy." Well....I guess, but the not knowing is growing harder and harder to bear every day.
And today I wanted to join the cool mom club and so I made myself this nursing cover (the kind where it goes around your neck and bows out so you can peek in at your baby). Actually, not because it's cool and trendy, but because it could come in really handy, so I found this tutorial and thought it would be fun. And it was. And it only cost me $6.99 and a couple hours this afternoon. (As opposed to $35 for the same thing here.) It looks enormous on Hazel of course, but there was no way I was going to model it because I am far too pregnant for any more pictures of myself. It's obscene how far my belly pokes out these days.

I thought it was funny when my sister Andrea called and said, "You have to stop talking about how cute Ethne is, because Emeline is acting like such a terrible-two-year-old these days," and I was like....yeah--I hear you! So we were talking about how our girls are constantly into things they shouldn't be. I mean, every second of the day, if Ethne is not asleep or in my sight (and often when she is in sight), she is pulling out stuff from a drawer that she shouldn't be, or dragging out food or other things she shouldn't be. You could follow her around all day picking up after her. The other morning she rubbed my only two tubes of lipstick into the carpet. Which is never going to come out (which is not the biggest deal in the world since we'll be replacing the carpet before we sell the house), but still! However, that may not be as bad as Elena's trick--which was to get out of the tub, and poo all the way down the hall and into the front room and onto all the cords by the computer desk. Kami and I chatted on the phone that night as Kami cleaned it up. And Andrea said that Emeline found a cup the other day and was in the bathroom scooping cups of water out of the toilet and alternately pouring it out on the floor and drinking it. Awesome! So, maybe it IS good that the three of them don't get to be together much. That amount of trouble magnified by three? Couldn't be good.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Aww...come on. A pic of your cute belly would be nice! Love the new "hooter hider". I died laughing at the name when I checked out your link.
Hope your sleeping beauty is feeling much better soon.

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Cute, cute blanket and coverup! Hope Hazel is feeling better soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails